Eczema

Joy and Ben

Reaction score
Ben had been diagnosed with asthma a couple of weeks ago and now seems to have developed ezcema on his feet and ankles.
I notices red little spots on his feet a bit like heat rash about 3 weeks ago and asked the dr about them, he said it was probably because Ben was starting to walk!!?? Anyway, it developed into a dryer scabbier looking rash and another doctor said it was definalty eczema. She said not to worry cos asthma and ezcema always go together. She gave us some cream but now its spreading!! He's got the spots up his legs and keeps getting a rash across his tummy but I'm not sure that that isn't a heat rash. The doctor says these things can take a long time to clear up. Ben isn't bothered by it and doesn't stratch at all.
Just wanted some advice on good products to use or avoid and any other tips - thanks (sorry for very long post x)

All I can say (apart from usual stuff, like dressing him just in cotton clothes, washing with mild bio-powder) is to use allergy free baby skin care range. And, if he has asthma it will be better for him too. We are using Lavera Neutral baby skin care range http://www.lavera.co.uk/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=26 It is quite pricy but totally worth it! Just dont buy nappy cream (dont like it), instead get http://www.weleda.co.uk/products/name/c ... _id/105009 We used numerous nappy creams and this one is the best!!!
From Lavera, there is a baby face cream. We have been putting it in a thick layer on affected skin, and usually everything dissapears in a few days. You just have to keep doing it every day after bath.

Lush Dream Cream really helps DDs excema when it's all dry :)

Try not to use any products on him like bubble baths, body washes etc. My DD and DS have a plain water bath every night, I moisturise DD with Dream Cream and if her excema is real bad then I'll use hydrocortisone instead.

Tom is allergic to lanolin so I was using E45 and it was making his skin worse. Now I use emolliant cream from the chemist and it's worked a treat. I cover him in it morning and night plus I use Oilatum in his bath.
Lx

my boyf had excema as a kid and i had asthma, but neither of us had both so they dont always go together! melissa sometimes gets dry patches the doc said could be mild excema, he prescribed oilatum (oil to put in the bath) and at first a cream called cetraben then another better one i cant remember its name now :wall: think it begins with "d" :think: it comes in a transparent plastic pump-tub thats kinda square and the writing on it is pink, and its funny and wobbley like jelly. ill go find it later and edit this post with its name! its in the nursery and i dont wanna wake up waa-waa!
avoid other baby bath products etc altho its a shame as they smell lovely! try and keep his skin dry and cool. xx

I get really bad excema and I find that using creams does make it spread alot, but oils in the bath are great. Oilatum is probably the best and you can get a junior version otherwise baby oil works pretty well too.

Thanks everyone, I've got some oilatum this eveing so can try that tomorrow, the cream prescribed by the doctor does seem to have helped. I thought it had spread up his legs but now I think that may be just a rash!! He continually has a virus rash, a heat rash, an eczema rash.....I can't keep up!

trixipaws said:
my boyf had excema as a kid and i had asthma, but neither of us had both so they dont always go together! melissa sometimes gets dry patches the doc said could be mild excema, he prescribed oilatum (oil to put in the bath) and at first a cream called cetraben then another better one i cant remember its name now :wall: think it begins with "d" :think: it comes in a transparent plastic pump-tub thats kinda square and the writing on it is pink, and its funny and wobbley like jelly. ill go find it later and edit this post with its name! its in the nursery and i dont wanna wake up waa-waa!
avoid other baby bath products etc altho its a shame as they smell lovely! try and keep his skin dry and cool. xx

I know the cream you mean and it's bugging me because i can't think of the name either! I got it for my eczema but find it's really good for dry hands too!

I had eczema really badly as a child and I recommend oilatum for the bath and aqueous cream for moisturising. Also Layla had a bit recently on her face and chest snd the dr prescribed dipro-base cream, it cleared it up within a few days :D

BabyBee said:
trixipaws said:

I know the cream you mean and it's bugging me because i can't think of the name either! I got it for my eczema but find it's really good for dry hands too!

Doublebase

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back