Emily Anne Wallace **PICS ADDED**

ERIN84

Reaction score
WELL!!!!!!!.......

What an experience - that's all I can say. Lets start from the beginning..

You probably all know I went to the consultant on Wednesday for a sweep but he could not do it as my cervix were too high up:shakehead: so he admitted me for my high blood pressure and booked me in for an induction as he was worried for me and baby as it was very very high.

Sods law, as soon as I got to hospital my BP went right down! Anyway, I got settled in the ward and was having tightenings all night but nothing that I couldnt handle. Also, I was haing a "show" almost everytime I went for a wee! :)

Thursday morning I woke up expecting to go home, I asked the nurse to see what was going on and she said she didnt see why I could'nt leave and come back for my induction on (probably) fri morning. As I was waiting, I was getting pains down the back of my back and into my bum. I asked the nurse about it and she shrugged it off to be honest (in a nice way) saying it was probably just my body getting ready. She then came to me and told me I was not going home and being induced that afternoon! So, I went down to the coffee shop with Rob and my mum to kill some time and had to go outside and lean over the bike pole to ease these cramps. At this stage I was REALLY worrying about the pain I might experience in labour as I was thinking it was going to be 100 times worse than this....

...Went back upstairs and got on a ball and that eased the pain slightly but I had to ask for paracetomal, and the nurse gave me it while saying she would put me on the monitor to try and detect any contractions. I was on the monitor for about 40 mins and she said everything looked fine and bub was happy. By this time these pains were getting pretty bad and coming every 5 - 6 mins (although they were not unbearable). I asked nurse to chase up a definite time for my induction as they didnt want to examine me and have to put me through that as I was going to have to go through quite alot of prodding later. She came back to me and said they couldnt give a definite time so she would have a quick look to see if my cervix had come down any since the consultant had looked the day before and she also was suspicious that bub was back to back and thats why i was getting these pains. So she started to examine me and said "sorry Erin, I just need to go a bit deeper to check that what i'm feeling is what I think I'm feeling"............

I WAS 7cm DILATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):)

So, I was rushed down to labour ward (still able to walk etc, just having to stop to let these pains pass).

I was introduced to the most wonderfull midwife, Kelly (quite youngish but VERY good at her job). We arrived at about 7.30, just as she was starting her shift. She had nobody else to look after so was with us the whole time. We asked how long she thinked till I might give birth and she said that they usually say 1cm per hour do maybe about 1am at latest (depending). She aslo said as I had just been examined she wouldnt do it again for another 2 hours. We were just sitting chatting and she gave me some gas and air (which is AMAZING) to get me through the pains. She then said that bub was back to back to got me to stand but the bed leaning over on my front to try and get bub to move. After about 10 mins she was finding it hard to dectect bubs heartbeat as they had moved :) so she said for me to hop on the bed and we can try and get the monitor on while I was lying flat.

I'm not joking, I was lying on that bed for about 10 mins and I had an almighty urge to push!!! She said to try not to as she wanted to make sure bub was ok. As she said that, my waters broke and she could see the babys head!

After about 20 mins (at 8.43pm - just over an hour after being told I was 7cm dilated)) of pushing we had a gorgeous baby girl!! She came onto my chest straight away and stayed there for about an hour and a half until they delivered my placenta, checked it, got us drinks etc. Emily is the most amazing thing I have ever made/seen and I'm so grateful to her for giving me such an amazing birth experience :)

I'm home now and dont even feel like I have given birth! I'm enjoying her to the full! Will update pics soon xxxxxxxxxxx

Attachments

• Image0318.jpg
    Image0318.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Image0319.jpg
    Image0319.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Image0320.jpg
    Image0320.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Image0321.jpg
    Image0321.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Image0322.jpg
    Image0322.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
interesting story! almost sounded like you were one step ahead of the midwife the whole time! haha glad it went well and stuff! xxx

WOW ERIN! sounds like u did really well, well done you! i'm gonna put the lap top down and go for a long walk 2 try my best to get little one out i'm jeallous ha ha! x

Aww Im so glad you got such an amazing birth :D Enjoy being home and the start of your little family!!!xxx

oh my erin i cant belive it! that sounds like an amazing birth experience and thats exaclly what we need to hear more of! well done you for carrying your daughter all this time and then going trough the birth. And now you have her, your little girl! what an amazing story.

congratz erin! :love: XX

Brilliant story, so pleased it went so well for you, the sort of thing we all hope for! Can't believe it went so quickly.

how fabulas what a great birth for you both:) well dne you and many congrats xxx

What a lovely birthing story :) You make it sound so easy, lets hope we're all as lucky :D

I demand pics! ;)

Incredible! Well done and congratulations - fantastic to read such a lovely story xxxxx

aww erin what a wonderful birth story seriously this is the second birth story ive read today and im feeling so much better about giving birth already. congrats to your little girl cant wait to see pics of her x x x

congratulations hun, it's good to hear you had a good birth experience too! Xxx

What a great story!! You did so well, hope that my birth goes similar to yours :)
Congratulations on your baby girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back