Eventful scan :(

NicciLove

Reaction score
On Sunday i was rushing about getting ready to meet my friend for lunch when suddenly i was bent over in severe pain on my right hand side going all the way round to my back. I sat down and brushed it off as some ligament pain or maybe something to do with the fact i was rushing about. It went within 10 minutes and that was that.

So yesterday i had my 20 week scan which was amazing by the way (HELLO TEAM BLUE!! hehe) and as she was struggling to get a good image of baby's spine, i ended up in there for over half an hour turning on my sides and wiggling about to get baby to turn over. In the end i was in so much pain.
I was barely able to walk back to the car. I ended up bent over and not being able to walk at all so ended up going back into the hospital until early hours of the morning.

Ended up in labour ward with suspected apendixcitus (not sure how thats spelt) and kept in for observation. Luckily it wasnt!
The doctor has said as it is agrivated by movement it is a musculoskelital pain, its where my ligaments are streching and i am overdoing it they are bruised. The scan must have aggrivated it where she was pushing the baby around on that side.

So i am back in bed, am absolutley shattered and told i must not stand or walk for long periods of time, i must not do any lifting, and if i dont it could continue throughout my pregnancy. She said once it has calmed down and the pain eases I will be able to return to work but i must must must (i've been told off!) take it slow, not walk around and avoid stress as this will distress the baby.

I am feeling a lot better, and have been given some super co-codomol by the hospital so i can actually lay on my side now, so am just resting.

What a night!!! :roll:

Wow!! What a traumatic & eventful time you have had!! It sounds awful & very painful!! But glad you are bubs & both ok!!! Please take it easy now and rest and let the OH wait on you!!! You don't want to end up in hospital!! Really hope the pain eases for you & you feel better soon!!

Take care x x x

Last edited:
well if somebody told u to put ur feet up i dont think u should argue :-D hope u feel better soon xxx

My heart leaped into my mouth when I read the title x thank goodness all is ok and YAY with team BLUE!!!! x poor you though! Ow ow ow! x def put your feet up and relax x x

so glad your ok but what a nightmare of a night if your using co codamol for few days make sure your getting plenty of fruit as it can constipate you really easily and if your in pain you so dont need that! hope you get lots of rest and heal quickly xxx

Sounds eventful. They can be really rough those sonogrophers can't they!!

Make sure you do take it easy - always good to have an excuse to have a cup of tea and put your feet up!

Aw hun, sorry to hear you were in so much pain but glad you and the baby is ok. Make sure you proper rest up!

Congrats on your baby boy by the way!

Last edited:
Hope you feel better soon Hun and congratulations on team blue! :hug:

My heart leaped into my mouth when I read the title x thank goodness all is ok and YAY with team BLUE!!!! x poor you though! Ow ow ow! x def put your feet up and relax x x

sorry didnt mean to scare anyone!

It was so horrible as i was in so much pain yet so excited seeing bubba :(

Thank you for everyones well wishes :) xx

Congrats on team blue!! Make sure you get plenty of rest now x x

You poor thing :hug: Hope you're feeling better soon. So glad your scan went well though, and congrats on your little boy! :yay:

Congrats on team blue :yay: hopes everything settles down soon

yeah a little boy! i cant wait for my scan. Put ya feet up!

congrats on team blue take care xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back