Feeling bloated/swelling?

annem

Reaction score
I have been feeling very bloated with really swollen legs and last night i figured out why!!

I know we all know this but it upset me last night in bed reading my week by week preg book that we need to be careful of our sodium intake as it causes you to retain water, swellling and bloating ( i had forgotten-sub consciously?! :roll: )

while preg you should only have 3g (3000mg) of sodium. So today i'm going to have to cut back. It says (based on a standard serving)

chips have 850 mg
crisps 400 mg
burger 963
bacon 2700

even when i'm thinking i'm being good asparagus has 970mg!!!

I'm going to give it a try today and see how i feel!!

Is it just the us carrying GIRLS that are hungry non-stop and want total rubbish?!

No I want total rubbish all the time, but it seems to me that those who are carrying girls tend to need to eat a lot more food that those of us carrying boys..

Problem is I crave salty food, but then I loose a lot of sodium so I think that's why...

I can't believe asparagus has soooo much sodium in it :shock: :shock: :shock:

try not to stress about it tho! we need salt to stop us having leg cramps.. jsut prehaps cut down on processed stuff? i never add salt to my cooking..so thats 1 way to cut bk?

lisa&alex said:
try not to stress about it tho! we need salt to stop us having leg cramps.. jsut prehaps cut down on processed stuff? i never add salt to my cooking..so thats 1 way to cut bk?

Yeah but you've not seen how much i've been having!!

My friend told me to have hot milk before bed and so far since doing tha i've had no cramp!! Hope i've not spoken too soon!

Squiglet said:
No I want total rubbish all the time, but it seems to me that those who are carrying girls tend to need to eat a lot more food that those of us carrying boys..

Problem is I crave salty food, but then I loose a lot of sodium so I think that's why...

I can't believe asparagus has soooo much sodium in it :shock: :shock: :shock:

I know!! i think i must be having far more than i should when even asparagus is full of it!!

I wonder why those carrying girls are eating more? :think:

Drink plenty of water and lay off the salt.

My feet and ankles swell up since the early stages. Also 'bigger women' will experience swelling of the feet a lot more than 'slimmer' women.

Swollan legs, I am not so sure about that, you may want to ask your doc, the swollan feet and hands are a normal thing during pregnancy but swollan legs, not so sure.

Do not calorie count during a pregnancy, it is not healthy at all, your cody will tell you when you need to eat, you have to listen to it!

Also, try to rest your body, place your feet above your heart for atleast an hour and eat more greens.

Josephine_Beth said:
Drink plenty of water and lay off the salt.

My feet and ankles swell up since the early stages. Also 'bigger women' will experience swelling of the feet a lot more than 'slimmer' women.

Swollan legs, I am not so sure about that, you may want to ask your doc, the swollan feet and hands are a normal thing during pregnancy but swollan legs, not so sure.

Do not calorie count during a pregnancy, it is not healthy at all, your cody will tell you when you need to eat, you have to listen to it!

Also, try to rest your body, place your feet above your heart for atleast an hour and eat more greens.

Yeah my midwife said its fine, i've been retaining a lot of water as i'm normally v healthy but since being preg i've eaten rubbish (my midwife said cravings are not always what your lacking and you don't need to eat that much more when preg, your only meant to add a few more healthy snacks a day, you don't need all the rubbish i've been feeding myself!)

I don't think i'm a 'bigger women' but maybe i am :( but i've got swollen feet big time. Thanks will try resting my feet above my heart

Salt contributes to your sodium mg count so thats part of what i'm cutting back on. So i'm mg counting not kcal counting!! My baby is getting more than enough (its measurements were big!!) :D

But I think your right i could do with a few more veg though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back