Feeling quite shite (excuse the french)

Taassh_0x

Reaction score
Heya everybody, Congrats to you all. I had my lil man John James on the 17th August by planned c-section under general, I also had a ovarian cyst and ovary (left) removed. I've been recovering well at home so far (touch wood) but I feel sick and dizzy all the time and have sharp shooting pains in my tummy occasionally and they just go off after. I feel dizzy when ever I stand up but I haven't fainted even though I feel like I could at the time, if I stand still it goes off after a few seconds but I still feel very weak. I know I should expect to feel ill but I start to feel sick in the afternoon. I keep crying for no reason and do feel a little depressed, I'm so scared of me having a bug or something and JJ picking it up as his only 12 days old and I'm scared I wont be able to look after him through the night or something if I was really sick. Does anybody have this experience after a c-section? I told the midwife but she said it probably just a bug but I've felt like it since I come home on day 3, any advise or opinions would be well appropriated, thank you x I just want to feel better for my little boy xx :(

Also is there any foods that you should avoid when breast feeding? xx

To me looks lie your blood pressure is droping when you stand up. Probably has sth to do with the blood loss too. Drink more fluids and if it dosent go away maybe you see your GP

I also had the dizziness and weakness you describe - I was recovering from a very serious wound infection but also I think it was cause I was very low in iron after losing alot of blood during and after the c section.I had to take iron pills for a while but it took time to feel better. I felt seriously rubbish for the first 2 months but now 4 months later I am finally feeling back to normal. It's very common to get run down so don't be hard on yourself if you do get ill - I ended up in hospital for 8 days 2 days after being discharged! As for the tears - could be the baby blues - I cried every day for the 1st month! But then my hormones really settled down and I felt alot better. I'd go easy on yourself - it's only been 12 days and a c section is major abdominal surgery! I would say if you get a fever see your doctor as that is a sign of a wound infection xx

Last edited:
I so had the baby blues too. Was on top of the world for a few days then came crashing down, my partner warned me it might happen but I didn't believe him then all of a sudden I'm crying over everything lol But it passed, took a good few weeks though, but it does get better.

Csection is a very serious operation, esp having an ovary removed at the same time. Your body is going to need alot of rest (not easy with a baby) and it's not going to get better overnight. I found after a weekish that the worst part was getting from sitting to standing and vice versa, and the left side of my wound would pull like it was going to split open and spill my guts :shock: It hurt so bad that I literally did scream out in pain quite a bit and cry like a baby!

I pushed myself too hard, but I did alot of walking too.

I didn't get too dizzy, but I was on iron tablets and alot of pain killers so was pretty out of it most of the time lol

If you are worried at all speak to your midwife or HV hun, they will know whether you should speak to GP.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back