fighting sleep

Hele

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it normal for babies to cry when you are settking them to sleep? My little one is 9 weeks old and, with the exception of during the night, once she has fed, been winded and played with she will seem to fight the urge to sleep, despite her barely being able to hold her eyes open and yawning!

Is this normal? Will she grow out of it?

xx

My baby does this and she's nearly 3 months, think it's normal, even her grannys have noticed she fights going to sleep. I think shes just too nosey! She doesn't do it all the time, but she gets herself in some states when she's tired and we try to settle her. A close cuddle, rocking, stroking her forehead/head - seems to eventually do the trick though :).

My son did this, im sure they think they will miss out on somethingg lol. They do grow out of it though hun x

our LO did this for months, swaddle, dummy, songs, shhing, rocking, back rubbing and patting, whatever worked at the time, we did it! then at 11 monthsd we had to do controlled crying, now he goes down mostly with a little whimper (sometimes a few screams!) but they do get there.....eventually xx

They defo go through phases of doing this. Just when you think you got a good little baby, they start doing it again and then when you get used to the knacks of getting them off they just suddenly fall asleep on their own again lol They llike ot keep us on our toes!!!

Thanks, glad to know this is normal!!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back