sleep all day?

Jade89

Reaction score
Is it normal for a baby who's almost 4 weeks old to sleep all day?

she wakes up for about 10-15 mins sumtimes then goes back to sleep, i have never seen her awake for more than an hour!!!

Is this normal? :?

I wouldn't have said so, unless they are premature? Looking at the weight, that is unlikely. What about nights? Though I have only had one, and she could have been unusual.

Is she waking for feeds ok? Aaron used to sleep a lot but I can't remember how much.

Jade, just read your other post about LO being awake all night, which explains why she is asleep all day. It sounds like she has got day and night confused. Thankfully our LO didn't have that problem, but from what I have read:

During the day:

Make sure you don't darken the room that they are sleeping in.
Don't be quiet during the day when they are asleep.
I personally (though others disagree with this) would wake her for feeds - say every 3hrs. I would also attempt to stimulate her after her feed with tops that make noises etc.

During the night:

Always make sure that the room is dark, I just use the light from the hallway.
Don't talk to her at night, just make shhh noises.

Good luck!!!

Jakob was like that but without me really doing anything he soon sorted it out himself...now he is sleeping alot in the day but waking for feeds, and up till late he goes down between 11-1 depending on how much he has slept in the evening and will sleep till between 4-7am.

When did i say she was awake all night? oh yes i just checked, it was on the sleep patterns thread...what i ment was she's usually asleep most of the day, then wakes up at night but sleeps when I go to bed at night...I think her times are just mixed up. She feeds great in the day now I have upped her milk to stage 2, cow and gate plus but fead good before too.

She usually wakes up every 4 hours for her milk in the night, or goes 6-9 hours sometimes. In the day she goes every 4 hours too, i don't let her go any longer and HV said 4 hours is fine...she would just waste bottles if i went any less. But at night I leave her and don't wake her for feeds

It just concerned me that she was asleep all day, then wake up for an hour or so then go back asleep and sometimes sleep straight through...lazy baby? lol

She's gettinga bit better now though she was awake yesterday while I got her ready to go out, then stayed awake all around asda, then i went back my sisters and she stayed awake for ages then too.

Maybe the 30 hour labour wore her out just as much as me? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back