Flight socks after C section..........

bute69

Reaction score
Has anyone else who has had a C section know how long you have to keep the flight socks on? I was initially told 5 days after the op. Then another Doctor told me yesterday 6 months, then changed it to 6 Weeks?? All a bit varied! Anyone know for sure how long you keep them on??

I didn't have a section. But I was high risk for a clot for other reasons.

I had to wear them for a week and take clexane injections at the same time

I had them on for about 5 to 6 days I think. ! Def not 6 weeks! Also they sent me home with a weeks injections to stop blood clots etc too!

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

I wore them for about 6 weeks but I was immobile due to hurting my hip quite badly during CB. Also I was retaining water badly too which didn't go down for weeks so the socks actually helped with this. Also had the clexane injections for 6 weeks as well.

I had to keep mine on for 14 days cos my Dad has a history of blood clots. Had to have the heparin injections too for 7 days. Even now at every check up I'm asked if I have any pain in my legs or am losing any clots after the c-section

i was told 5 days, but only did 3 days!! i would say it depends really on how you are!! as if ur babk on ur feet and moving around go for the 5 days if ur not back to normal and being active keep wearing them til you are :) as your more at risk of DVT if ur not moving around and being active after and operation xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back