Bath after C section.........

bute69

Reaction score
In Hospital they told me I could only have a shower after a C section, as the wound shouldn't be soaked. It's been just over 3 Weeks since my op, so would it be OK to have a bath now??

I had a bath within a few days as I was having salt baths which are brilliant for helping the wound heal. I can't see why you couldnt have one now. x

Thanks for the info. Desperate for a good soak!!

Yeah hun I had a bath after 2 weeks post op and my incision is fully healed at 7 weeks post op just make sure u really pat the area dry or it won't heal x

Go for it , I had one at about a week as I had disolveable stitches , which were driving me mad all spiky ended and tied together in the middle!! I agree pat dry well and let some air to it before dressing

enjoy your soak

Thanks all :) Got my night planned now!! Once OH is home from work I have a date with the bath!

You can bath but don't stay in water too long and make sure it is dried properly before getting dressed

its mainly to prevent it getting infected as all your dirt and dead skin flake off into the water and your sitting in it and this stays over the wound. Where as a shower it all runs down and clear water runs over the wound so less likely to get infected. I was told to kneel in the bath at first if I wanted one so my scar wasn't under the water x

its mainly to prevent it getting infected as all your dirt and dead skin flake off into the water and your sitting in it and this stays over the wound. Where as a shower it all runs down and clear water runs over the wound so less likely to get infected. I was told to kneel in the bath at first if I wanted one so my scar wasn't under the water x

Oh I wish i didn't read your post it hasn't helped my morning sickness thought of dirt dead skin and infections lol

sorry hun :) Just what I got told I had showers for weeks after mine as mine did get infected and I was on anti bioctics for ages after x

Damn it, I was desperate for a bath but waited till 8 week check as thought I wasnt allowed!!! Mind you, I have had 2 cs and first one did get infected. I think wen you have had a baby u want a bath cos at end of ur pregnancy u dont tend to cos ur to big for bath!! So always just have showers!! Hope u enjoyed xx

I would rinse it wish the shower head before you get out, so that its clean and less chance of infection. Try not to stay in for too long and make sure you dry thoroughly but gently. x

Well, I've had 2 baths since my post and all seems OK. Hadn't read the bit about infections though! Maybe wouldn't have had 1 if I'd known!

I would go for it, just make sure you pay close attention to the wound, if it starts to hurt, I wouldn't make yourself stand it. I know showers felt GREAT it was like my own relief to the pain but I can't say the same for others. I looked up a bit of information of things to watch out for after a c-section, I hope it helps you as it did for me. After reading it myself I found out actually quite a bit I didn't know before and I wish I had.

http://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/post-cesarean-wound-infection

ive had baths since my section, i also had infection in my scar but the midwives didnt warn me this could happen they advised i had baths :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back