Flu jab

toni64539

Reaction score
Did anyone else see on the news thismorning about how all pregnant women should go to their GP's and have their flu jab asap. Is anyone going for this? I don't like the idea cos they put tamiflu in it now for swine flu, and it worries me that this is still such a new drug, and they don't yet know the long term effects. What does everyone think? X

Hey Hun I went to docs and got told I should of had it but it's as and when pg ladies go in. I couldn't have it on Thurs As I was already ill but as soon as I am better I'll have it!

Two of my friends had flu and swine flu jabs last year both were fine and both babies are fine! I don't want to risk it tbh x x x

I had it last year when 16 weeks gone(hospital wouldn't give it before) . My baby was just fine and is playing on the floor as I speak :)

I'm only 5 weeks so being really careful! I wouldnt consider this til at least 12 weeks

They said on the news not to wait, no matter how far into your pregnancy, to go as soon as possible x

I got it at 8 weeks. I was told not to risk it!

Got a bit of a dead arm but that was it.

I think I shall go in and get it done, the risk bothers me of not having but of having it to! It's hard to know sometimes what's best.

I think I shall go in and get it done, the risk bothers me of not having but of having it to! It's hard to know sometimes what's best.
I know its pretty confusing to know whats the right thing to do

I'm having my jab on Monday, they wouldn't be urging pregnant woman to go and have the jab if it wasn't safe. x

I had it at about 8 and a half weeks. I have mentioned a few times that my midwife is pregnant and is a week and a half ahead of me but she advised me to get it, she had it around the same time as i did and i guessed she knows more about the risks etc than me so i felt much better about getting it. I was fine after and had scan at 12 weeks 3 days and everything was fine! xxx

Yeah but it's the long term affects I'm worried about, as no one knows them yet. Even if I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't want the tamiflu. That's why they are appealing as loads of people arerefusing it cos it's such a new drug, and I don't really want to be putting anything in my body, aarrrgggh so confused

Hi guys sorry to hijack your thread (coming over from tri2). Just got off the phone with the doctors and have booked the swine flu jab but cant get in until the 5th Jan and they have no stock of the normal flu jab so can't have that done. So much for being high risk lol. Looks like I'm going to have to dodge anyone with a runny nose lol.

I would definitely get booked in to have it done. My sil had it the swine flu one last year with my nephew and they were and are both ok. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is personal choice; I would rather not have it as now not just the flu jab, but it is combined with the swine flu vaccine aswell.. mm.. I not sure, so I am going to leave it. My midwife said it would be offered, but I said I wasn't interested... I may change my mind, but at the moment no way xx

I think it's a personal choice. I am not having a jab even though I get offered it every year because of Asthma and I work in a hospital.

Got mine today, but the surgery said I could ask questions and if I wasn't comfortable having it, I didn't have to. I'm sure if it wasn't safe, it wouldn't be offered.
I think it's best to be safe than sorry, I know having flu and having a fever can be just as detrimental to the health of the baby x

I got mine in October cos I have asthma - glad I got it before I fell pregnant cos I understand dilemmas...

Ok, I had a doctors appointment yesterday and said "Can i have a flu jab?" and she said "No way, not til you get to 12 weeks." So am even more confused now. Mind you she did seem kind of stupid. I asked her about the smoked salmon and she didnt know, I asked her about nicorette inhalators and she didnt know that either. I asked her about getting an early scan and she said yes but i had to come back to docs first for a referral, and i said "but i'm here now" she didnt seem to get it!

12 weeks; that's totally inconsistent with everything I've read and been told. The surgery rang me knowing I'm 6 weeks and said come in and have it...

Why are these things never straightforward? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back