Hair Dye HELP!!!

Rock-Angel

Reaction score
ARRRGGHHHHHHHHHH me roots be showing!!

Coz Im naturelly blonde turned brunette, from a distance it makes me look like Im bald when my blonde comes back through!!!!

Can I use hair dye yet? Please say yes or im gonna :cry: :cry:

no honey it's not advisable. unless it's an ammonia-free vegetable one or some such like, I think they're okay, but not sure. It's a bit of a grey area TBH, but they do reckon it's absorbed through the skin.

blimey, I always dye my hair and the thought of not being able to.... :shock: ....doesn't bear thinking about!!!

jazzmum2be said:
All hair dyes are fine, so iv been told by hairdressers and midwifes.
Its just the ones they used liek 20 years ago that are harmful but the ones now dont have any harmfull chemicals in them.
I have/will be carrying on dying my hair through my pregnany. :)
Found this :)
http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-saf ... cy_3273.bc

right my hubbys getting a bottle hair dye handed to him tonight, but if I end up green, swollen, itchy, looking like I have done 20 rounds with an elephant, I shall hunt you down me girlie!!!

xxxx :hug: :rotfl:

:lol:
Mine didnt go green and I had mine lightened then coloured, so Im sures yours will be fine :D
:hug:

jazzmum2be said:
:lol:
Mine didnt go green and I had mine lightened then coloured, so Im sures yours will be fine :D
:hug:

OO I remeber now, but was to busy being the green eyed monster at your gorgeous looks to bother properly readin thread!!!! :lol:

:oops: Aww thankyouu :hug:
Except you should see me when I get out of bed in the morning, dont looks so lovely then :lol:

You might get a different colour, something to do with hormones. Apparently it settles in the second tri, but my hair always reacts differently in pregnancy.
My hair is permed. It just doesnt look right straight but it needs to be done again and I don't know whether it will take or not!

I had mine done at about 10 weeks as my roots were the same (but I'm naturally brunette gone blonde! :lol: )
My hairdresser and midwife said it's fine but as someone else mentioned it can sometimes change the colour slightly! Not green or anything though :rotfl:

Good luck hun

Your skin can be more sensitive too, so you can develop a reaction to the dye, even if you've used it loads of times before and been ok. For this reason a patch test is recommended, so as not to end up with a very sore scalp! The consensus now is that modern dyes pose no risk to foetuses though.

I waited until tri 2 to have mine dyed - but only because in tri 1 I wasn't capable of sitting in the hairdressers for two hours without either eating, retching or needing a pee :rotfl:

as far as i'm aware its just henna that u gotta stay away from. dunno why, but henna = BAD! i got highlights done throughout my first pregnancy and i was fine. i'm getting some done in march this time too- my hair is mingin right now!

I dye my hair myself at home.

Apparently they only tell you not to cos the colour might not take to your hair... :think:

I continued having my hair highlighted and coloured through my last pregnancy, I'm not so worried about roots but more worried about the grey hair! I started going grey at 20 (runs in our family :roll: ), and although I don't have loads, I have this lovely stripe of grey that runs through the front! I am definately not going natural during pregnancy...I'm only 27 and not ready to give in to the grey!

hello, its fine to get your hair dyed, i had highlights and lowlights put in my hair yesterday and my hairdresser knew i was pregnant.It looks fine. I think it would only affect your hair depending on what dye you are using or ifyour using proper hardcore bleach as that can turn abit yellowy i think if your pregnant. I also think its also down to your hormones too as sometimes it can produce something (cant remember what its called)that affects the die but thats mainly in tri 2.

Ive always been told hair dye is fine and always coloured my hair through pregnancy.

Though when i carried stephen i tryed to dye it black - it went a multitude of colours - blonde, red, brown, black streaks - i kept it though as it looked wicked!!!!!!!

trixipaws said:
as far as i'm aware its just henna that u gotta stay away from. dunno why, but henna = BAD! i got highlights done throughout my first pregnancy and i was fine. i'm getting some done in march this time too- my hair is mingin right now!

i thought henna was the one dye that was definitely ok to use as its organic - no ammonia and no chemicals. so confused now!!

:talkhand: I'm not stopping bleaching this time. I went back to brown with Evie but this time a bit of peroxide every few weeks is going to be my vice! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back