hair dye

hennaly

Reaction score
my roots are desperate but i have been told i shouldnt dye my hair when pregnant is this right?

Somebody posted nearly the same thing about half an hour ago:

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight=

like I said there I went to brown hair over blonde, I don't think that coloured dyes are a problem as my hair dresser told me it was just the ammonia/bleach when going blonde thats harmful. She seemed quite knowledgeable and the brown dye certainly hasn't done my LO any harm.

You can, just sometimes it can affect how the colour turns out iirc.

Why not talk to your hairdresser about it? I'm sure s/he will be able to advise you as they know your hair.

oh right so it isnt cause it will harm the baby then?

I think i read somewhere that you're just more sensitive towards it. I think they just advise going to hairdressers and avoid it touching your scalp. Just summat i read. But different books say different things.

yeah i think it's more to do with the colour going on a bit different when pregnant.

i've dyed mines various shades of brown during my pg, infact had it done again yesterday, and it's been absolutely fine :)

my haridresser said it was fine to do it when preggers, foils are best as the dye doesn't go as close to the skin, but even going full head is fine.

Bleaching to go blond could be different but going another colour is fine.

One of the hairdressers at the salon dyed peoples hair right through her pregnancy no worries and she would have been getting it all over her hands and arms.

Sandi

I dyed my hair several times when pregnant with the others! Though I didnt ever bleach it! It always turned out fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back