Has anyone cut out tea and coffee

baby

Reaction score
Hi All

I have been reading up and there is conflicting information about drinking tea and coffee when trying to conceive. Some say cut down and others say cut it out.

I have cut down to one coffee in the morning then a decaf coffee later on and a cup of tea. And plenety of water.

What do you think?

x

Hi :wave:

Sorry I haven't got huge amounts of advice but have also read bits about caffeine intake etc & all says reduces fertility etc

I honestly think it depends on a lot of other factors & the individual person as well, my friend has 3 healthy beautiful babies & hadn't changed a thing so I think it's different for everyone

You've done fantastically in reducing your intake right down though

xxx

Im not sure as you say there is conflicting information hunny. It depends on how you feel, if you dont drink to much maybe try and cut it out completely but if you love tea and coffee cut down and see how you get on, goodluck hunny.
Ive completely cut out caffine im drinking redbush tea, its naturally caffine free and tastes gorgeous x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldnt worry to much hun, I think warnings like that are aimed at more serious caffine drinkers, I couldnt function without my morning tea lol x

We've been trying for nearly 13 months now and i cut out tea and coffee and it made no difference. I now drink a coffee in the morning at work then tea in the afternoon, and i only really do this because i have 2 sugars in coffee and none in tea (i do treat myself to Starbucks tho).

I have read tho that decaf tea and coffee is worse than normal tea and coffee because of the process it has to go through to become decaf, so i would suggest the Redbush tea like Mummy2adam or just drink normal as it sounds like you dont drink much at all

xxxx

I did cut out all tea - don't drink coffee,
Startd drinking Redbush but missed the normal tea,

so now i'm back on the normal tea and drink about 5 cups a day along with 5 glasses of water, theres so much contradictive information about tea and TTC.

Some say cut it out and some say tea helps with TTC?
I might try green tea next for 3 months and see what that does!

Anything you change now takes 3 months to really get into or out of your system,

This is especially true for men - what they do now will effect their sperm in 3 months time!!

Hiya Baby :)

When i spoke to a fertility consultant at an open day, he said to cut it out - particularly if you drink excessive amounts.

Stick to a couple of cups of tea and one coffee/fizzy drink per day at the most imo.

Also, if you drink loads of water then it will also counteract it a little :)

I drink decaf coffee, tea and caffeine free diet coke. Don't drink much of it, but have just swapped to this to see if it helps! xx

Only time will tell, keep us posted on any changes xx

Last edited:
I drinki decaff too. My dr today asked about that and said decaff is a good idea...so if he says so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back