Health Visitor

JoS

Reaction score
Hi,
I've got the health visitor coming to see me and husband at home tomorrow morning. Not really sure what to expect, is it normal for them to come and visit?

Hey hun

Yes, I think it's normal, but probably depends on the area you live in too. I was meant to have one come before I had my son but she cancelled due to illness and I ended up having him before her next appointment!

When she did come it was just to fill in the red book and get information from me and answer any questions. Was all really relaxed and informal.

xxx

We don't have them here before the birth, wish we did cos I've never liked strangers in my house and would prefer to meet them before my precious bundle is here

Mine came out a couple of weeks back. She basically went through the service they offers and various bots and bobs about baby

All very nice and gave me some idea of what to expect once LO is here x

i take it they give you notice about when they come out and visit before baby is here?

That seems like good service to me - get bugger all where I am!!! It would have been nice to meet the health visitor before the bomb drops and I am a crying hormonal wreck!!

Health visitor has just been, she was really nice just chatting asking how I feel about the birth and asked a few questions about my diet, alcohol, exercise etc. She explained about them coming to visit after baby is born and talked about the different clinics etc.
It was very informal, so all good :) now back to work :(
Oh and yeah she made an appointment as few weeks ago loula

i take it they give you notice about when they come out and visit before baby is here?

Yeah hun, I had a letter telling me the date and time and if inconvenient etc, think it came about 3 weeks before the appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back