Health visitor?

AngelCookie23

Reaction score
The health visitor is coming round later, just wondered what to expect? What she will do/ talk about and stuff. Thanks! xx

Ooh I don't know...thought everything was done by midwife until health visitor takes over after baby is here!! Must be different in your area? xx

I never saw a health visitor until after my son was born.. everything was midwife before that.

Same as above, i dont know why youd have a health visitor before baby is born? x

Same, never saw a health visitor until a while after DS was born. I'm sure it's just routine though hun xx

I saw my health visitor for my sons 12 month check 2 months ago and she said they are changing the way they do things and she will see me at 32 weeks pregnant and she will call round the house. I am still waiting for the visit and I am now 37 weeks, I know from when my friend had her baby she is rushed off her feet so probably trying to see mums to be she has never met first. Apparently years ago they used to do it this way and its nicer to get to meet the mum first without baby then go and visit again when they have the baby, its easier to ask questions when baby not here yet etc. so i really wouldn;t worry about it, it looks like some areas have changed already and some haven't.

Ahh ok thanks mumofmany! Hopefully that's why then. What sort of stuff is she going to talk about? Also will she want to see babys room or anything? x

My health visitor is coming to see me on Thursday - she told me that it is just to check that im ok, how im feeling about the pregnancy and impending mummy hood!!

Will let u no how it goes :) Have to admit tho that I have told my hubby that the whole house needs to be tidied - I mite be taking nesting to a whole new level :) LOL

I'm really nervous, don't really feel like talking much as I've got a cold! I'm sure it'll be fine the woman sounded really nice on the phone! Do let me know how it goes Preggers123. Haha the nesting thing is so funny, hasn't kicked in for me yet I'm far too lazy, although I do really feel like getting everything sorted! x

I've got the health visitor coming to see me today, and I've done the crazy tidying thing too! I hope she doesn't want to see baby's room as we've only just started decorating it! lol

xXx

hey, why do we see a health visitor? x

I was told that your midwife remains in charge of your care until 10 days after baby is born and then you have a health visitor after that - presumably to make sure baby growing ok and help with any concerns/worries etc from that point onwards x

Hi Guys

Sorry never got to the laptop to update last week, rite the HV came and introduced herself and more or less said that the midwife looks after me and baby for the first 10 days after birth and then the health visiting team take over for a certain period of time.

She asked lots of questions about if I had any illnesses or probems during my pregnancy, how me and hubby were feeling about it all and warned me that I will cry and your no expected to cope as soon as baby comes home and not to give myself a hard time about it, she also asked how we were planning on feeding (combination feeding for me!!). She did not want to see around the house or baby's room but did ask if we were organised - all in all it was ok!!! But I seem to have tidied for not a lot :) LOL

Hope u guys are all ok!!!

Hi Guys

Sorry never got to the laptop to update last week, rite the HV came and introduced herself and more or less said that the midwife looks after me and baby for the first 10 days after birth and then the health visiting team take over for a certain period of time.

She asked lots of questions about if I had any illnesses or probems during my pregnancy, how me and hubby were feeling about it all and warned me that I will cry and your no expected to cope as soon as baby comes home and not to give myself a hard time about it, she also asked how we were planning on feeding (combination feeding for me!!). She did not want to see around the house or baby's room but did ask if we were organised - all in all it was ok!!! But I seem to have tidied for not a lot :) LOL

Hope u guys are all ok!!!

Pretty much what they did with me! I know what you mean about the tidying up haha oh well it was an excuse to sort babys room out! Ow I can't wait hehe. Glad it went well for you too :) x

Our baby has no room :)

She shouldn't want to see something like that - she's not some kind of social worker, vetting you for potential abuse.

Never saw mine until first baby was born, but sounds like an interesting idea, to meet the mum shortly before the baby comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back