Heartbeat predicting gender!!

leannesxb

Reaction score
just had my 16 week appointment with the midwife and we listened to babes heartbeat. It was 160 bpm. She suggested that depending on the heart rate you can tell if its a boy or girl. What do you all think? lol.

Odd iv never heard of that one before, I did see a thing on amazone when I bought my doppler that you can get a stick test like a pregnancy test that is ment to tell you but was a bit sceptical but for the woman doing ur scan to say that there must be a little bit of truth in it???

Are you planning on finding out at your 20 week what ur having? be curious to see if its accurate :)

I am gonna find out which is why she wouldn't say which gender has the highest hb. Most unfair I felt. lol

My midwife told me last week that it was one of many old wives tales although when i was pregnant with my 2nd right before they induced me the midwife listened and said your having a boy... she was right xx

ive read that its only accurate near to birth time and not before.

You are probably right Bev as they predicted mine the day before he was born xx

it is supposed to be less 140bpm is a boy and more than 140bpm is a girl. Although there is some truth behind this, it usually only becomes true once the babies are born, but in some circumstances can be told nearer the end of your pregnancy.

At the moment it also depends on your heartbeat and if yours is faster, then babies heartbeat is faster too. Hope this helps :) xx

I measured Podge's heartbeat at 136 bpm so that means boy.....will be able to know for sure if I can get OH to let me book the gender scan lol xxxxxxxx (above 140 for a girl)

I was told girls have faster heart beat. That anything over 134bpm it's a girl as most boys r slower. Mine was 155 and I'm having a girl! X

Well babes hb was 160bpm so we will see on the 20 week scan how right it is. lol.

I'm having a little girl and since about 13 weeks her heart rate has been between 130-150

mine was 143 when i measured it last, my mw never seems to count the speed. or at least she hasnt so far lol

Think mine is about 140 and im having a girl, Well 80% a girl lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back