Heartbeat gender myth!

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Had my 16 week midwife appointment earlier and heard the heartbeat properly on her doppler and it was very strong!
I decided to look up the heartbeat myth and apparently my babies 145bpm is in the boy region!
Has anyone's heartbeat been correct with which sex your having??
I did the chinese gender prediction too and that said boy but also tried DD but that said boy too and well she's not lol! I don't believe in myths but were just wondering if any do actually work?!

ohh nope ma baby boys heartrate is usually about 157 - 170 wich is supposed 2 b females! altho the chinese predictor chart sed boy this time and girl with ma daughter so u never know! good luck xxx

My baby's heartbeat indicates that he should be a girl. Chinese chart says the same thing, lol. So I guess it's all wrong. Unless the sonographer was wrong.
Heartbeat theory was right with Brandon, so was the Chinese baby gender chart - both indicated I'd have a boy and I did... So who knows.

my midwife told me the heartbeat sounded like a girl, then at the scan it was a boy. I dont think they can really tell from the heartbeat!

I didn't think they could tell! Everyone goes on about bumps too and well with DD i was all out front and i got told that was a boy bump well she wasn't a boy! lol
I get to find out in 4 weeks so will see if these myths are ture!! 4 weeks are going to drag though, seems ages away!

I know, time should defiantely go faster!!! There was a thread on here about 10 weeks ago about a red cabbage test. You boil it up and then use the cabbage water with your first morning urine. It either goes orangy red or purply red. But I cant remember which means boy /girl!! :rofl: a load of us were gonna do it before our scans to test it out and I dont think one of us did it in the end!!

Last edited:
The chinese thingy and heartbeat thingy both said boy and i am having a boy - not that i really believed them anyway!!

I tried the nub theory too but couldn't find the nub! lol

Nor me!!

The girls at work think you can tell by which way the baby is laying or something or other anyway they've all guessed im having a girl so that blows that out the window!! lol

I dont think it works BUT saying that at my last midwife appt my midwife was listening to heartbeat then said "do you know what your having?" lol x

Can't remember what my boys were but this one is about 160bpm.

The nub theory suggests boy for me and I tried the red cabbage test and that said girl lol

we'll soon see in 2 weeks!

Last edited:
My midwife never told me what the heartbeat was, just that it sounded good. I never asked i was so over the moon for hearing it. All predictions says im having a boy.. I still think its a girl tho xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back