Help with exercise for tummy muscles

poochielove

Reaction score
I have lost my baby weight from my arms and legs but my stomach still sticks out above my tummy button. Its not fat or skin its like as if the muscles have been pushed out and need to go back in. Does anyone know any good exercises to do for this? I have been doing my exercise dvd but avoided the crunch section so far as i dont no what i am allowed to do IYKWIM? Its getting me a bit down if i am honest cos it makes me look as tho i have a bump.

Do you have anything to recommend me? :hug:

I asked doctor about this..she said if Id delivered naturally then from 5 weeks, gentle abdo exercises are fine to do.
She highly recommended yoga...its gentle enough not to cause problems. She said avoid crunches/sit ups as this doesnt work the deeper tummy muscles, and can lead to then being weak on the inside..therefore you will always have a sticky out bit if you do this..

Although she told me to wait till Isla was 6 months till I do ANY abdo work due to the section..I cant wait to start!

Dunno how right she is, I may be correcetd but it sounds good to me..maybe get a Yoga video?
Hope that helped

Oooo Yoga that sounds about as strenuos as i would like to get :) Thanks!!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back