Hi to you all!

DoulaJen

Reaction score
Good evening ladies! :wave:

Hope your all well. I've been snooping about for a couple of nights now and thought it was high-time I introduced myself. :oooo:

I'm Jen, I'm a birth and postnatal doula. I am a mum to two scrummy boys and I live in Central Scotland.

I recently completed a Mindful Doula course with the wonderfully inspirational Adela Stockton and I'm about to begin working in my local area to set up a support network for young mums.

I truly believe every woman on earth has the right to birth the way she chooses. She should have undivided access to 'second to none' support from an unbiased and dedicated source throughout her pregnancy, labour and early days of motherhood.

I am aware that not everyone is familiar with the role of a doula and I welcome any questions on the subject! I eat, sleep breath pregnancy and birth so to be honest you would be doing me a favour!:):)

I cant wait to start chatting with you all xJx

Well hello and welcome you little snooper you!!! Hope you enjoy and you will probably be a well of knowledge when we all keep posting questions xx

Hi and welcome :yay: We have a member who is also a Doula but doesn't get on as much now as she's a busy lady, I'm Jennifer too xx

Hi :wave: Welcome

I haven't heard of a doula before? xxxxxxx

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the welcome! :wave:

A Doula is someone employed by the mother/parents in pregnancy to support them in a non-medical fashion. She exists to fully support the mother and partner during the birth (if desired) and/or in the first few weeks of motherhood. :hugs:

The way I describe it is that a Doula acts as a mother, sister, best friend and pillow all in one. She is someone to confide in, cry on, laugh with and reflect with.:dine:
However she is also someone ready and willing to muck in and support the family adapt to their new addition.
We can help out in any of those odd jobs that in todays society its taken for granted a new mum can carry on doing!

:wash::hang::iron::dish::dog:

Allowing mum to have a little extra :nap:

Many women find that during pregnancy and early parenthood they can be somewhat overlooked. The main focus of many peoples attention is the baby.
A doula's aim is to ensure the mother feels prepared and informed for her labour and that she is coping and adapting to early motherhood.

Hope this explains what we do. Obviously theres TONS more to it.
Sorry for babbling on! :x:
I do adore the role. You cant really call it a 'job'.:smug:

Hi nice to meet you, sounds like heaven to me!!! xx

Thank you so much for all your messages! :thanks:

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all! xx

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the welcome! :wave:

A Doula is someone employed by the mother/parents in pregnancy to support them in a non-medical fashion. She exists to fully support the mother and partner during the birth (if desired) and/or in the first few weeks of motherhood. :hugs:

The way I describe it is that a Doula acts as a mother, sister, best friend and pillow all in one. She is someone to confide in, cry on, laugh with and reflect with.:dine:
However she is also someone ready and willing to muck in and support the family adapt to their new addition.
We can help out in any of those odd jobs that in todays society its taken for granted a new mum can carry on doing!

:wash::hang::iron::dish::dog:

Allowing mum to have a little extra :nap:

Many women find that during pregnancy and early parenthood they can be somewhat overlooked. The main focus of many peoples attention is the baby.
A doula's aim is to ensure the mother feels prepared and informed for her labour and that she is coping and adapting to early motherhood.

Hope this explains what we do. Obviously theres TONS more to it.
Sorry for babbling on! :x:
I do adore the role. You cant really call it a 'job'.:smug:

I wish I'd known of this during my pregnancy. Had a pretty strenuous pregnancy, labour and early few weeks after Oscar was born.

Sounds like a fantastic job to do hun xxxxx

Hello and welcome ! Your job sounds amazing ! xx

my cousin got asked to take a course and become one of those. shes got 3 kids and was helping out her sister when she was preg so the mw told her all about it.
hi btw lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back