Holiday Pay at work

Mama 2 Be

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave:

Quick question I keep reading that we are entitled to accure our holiday as normal during maternity leave. So I just wanted to double check that I am entitled to take four weeks holiday (as per my contract) for the last four weeks of my maternity leave (I.E. 48weeks maternity leave and 4 weeks annual leave) and still get paid my normal daily rate during these four weeks, not a reduced annual leave rate because my annual wages will be less due to being on SMP.

That's right isn't it? I presume if I wanted to I could take my normal 52 weeks maternity pay and then a further 4 weeks annual leave at the end (making 56 weeks in total)?

Cheers girls :cheer:

To be honest, it all depends on how your holiday year is structured.

If, for example, your holiday year is January to December, and you are off for that full year, they do not have to roll the holiday over to the new year.

If you were off from June one year, to June the next year, (assuming a Jan to Dec holiday year) you would have to take off the first years holiday at the beginning of your mat leave or you would lose it.

I know this as I have done a great deal of research on it as I wanted to tag my holiday on to the end of my leave and I was off for a full holiday year, but legally I'm not entitled to do that.

Sorry if that's bad news. However, if your employers are happy for you to tag leave onto the end, then that's fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back