Mat leave and holiday during that

berit87

Reaction score
Hello,

I just started thinking... I don't know much about these things at all :lol: Basically. I start maternity leave in September. And I get it for (Well 39 paid but) 52 weeks. Which means that it ends 2009 October. When will I be able to take out 2009's holiday then? Does it have to be after I come back from maternity leave? Or can I do it just before maternity leave? As you can see I'm confused and need help...

Got this from the goverment's website but..:

What happens to your holiday entitlement when you're on maternity leave?

You'll still build up all your entitlements to paid holiday during ordinary maternity leave. However, unless your contract says differently, you'll accrue only the statutory minimum (4.8 weeks or 24 days for those working full-time) holiday entitlement during additional maternity leave.

You can add holiday to the beginning or end of your leave. You may not be able to carry over untaken holiday entitlement if your maternity leave goes over two holiday years, so it's often best to take this at the beginning of your leave.

Sorry if I seem to be really daft but does that then mean that I can take 2009 holiday before my mat leave this year?

Many thanks if someone replies :) xxx

I was wondering about this too. My annual leave year runs from Sept to Aug. I currently have about 8 days not booked for this leave year and I was hoping to start maternity leave in June (as early as possible). I'm assuming I can add the 8 remaining days onto the beginning of my maternity leave so I use up this year's entitlement.

I have read that you accrue annual leave during the period that you get SMP (so for the first 39 weeks). I was wondering whether I could then elect to take that accrued annual leave after my additional maternity leave ends in June 2009 and get paid my usual pay for holidays, even though I don't intend to return to work?

All I know is that I'm going to use up 2008's annual leave before my mat leave starts and then use some of 2009's at the end of my mat leave which will be next august.

My holiday entitlement is January to January, i get 5 weeks and can only carry over 5 days to the following year (whihc has to be taken by the end of march), so i will be using 2008 holiday at the start of my mat leave and i don't plan on going back so shuld get a pay out on my 2009 holiday wehn i resign next year. I start mat leave on July 7th, but leave work 30th May.

Sandi

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back