returning to work and annual leave

titch

Reaction score
Hiya :wave:

Im a bit confused with my situation. I have 3 weeks annual leave to take before the end of March which work wont carry over (and I know they dont have to). So I have booked the last 3 weeks on March annual leave. I want to request a return to work at the end of feb so I can work for a week, get my appointments etc booked and then take the 3 weeks annual leave before hitting the ground running in April.

Now work are saying I cant do that, cos it would be a problem returning to work with annual leave to take still :confused: I cannot for the life of me understand how this would be an issue. What if someone wanted to return to work in May, would they have to use all their annual leave allowance first?? then go through the rest of the year with no leave left? I dont think so. I cant figure this out. Anyone got any ideas?

I need to give 2 months notice to return to work, it might be that (I seem to remember you working for the NHS)

hmmm that seems really stupid! wonder why thats an issue? i know its a pain but CAB or job centre gonna be any good to offer advice? x

If you are still on maternity leave when your holiday year ends then they legally Have to pay you for the holiday as you are entitled to it so make Sure they don't try and con you hun!

yeh if u cant take it cos there being awkward then they need to pay ya for that time!!

x

^^^ really?! :confused: Our work policy basically says if you dont use it you lose it!

^if you have reasonable chance to use it, I'ld get in touch with HR and then your union rep to make sure...

Yea my work has that policy but because you would still be on maternity leave,therefore you wouldn't be able to actually use it they have to pay you for it!

For example - all my bank holidays/holiday this year (I'm taking a year off) will get added up and then I get the money for them next jan because I was on leave so try don't count them ! I'm pretty sure this a legal thing rather than a company choice so I would bring it up with them hun

^^^ really?! :confused: Our work policy basically says if you dont use it you lose it!

Mine too, it all depends on whats in your contract

What you are asking isnt unreasonable, go back to them and propose it again and tell them that their reasoning is not good enough, and ask them if they are willing to pay you for it, otherwise take it further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back