Home-made Curry recipes

Wobbles

Reaction score
Who has a home made curry recipe? Long winded or simple :dance:

Share yours, I keep saying I will do one but never have so far, I think I'd like to do one on next weeks shop YUM

can i hijack and if anyone has a recipe for chicken pasta bake?? but u know the lush one u get when u eat out lol!!?? :)

i dont have a curry recipe lol i just bung in onions peppers etc , fry off in garlic puree and throw in chicken and then throw in curry paste? lol so its not my own haha but is lush, cant wait to read the other answers? :/ xx

Get your own pasta bake thread lol :shakehead: nah lol not being funny but it may help if the subject line indicates your request :lol: I'd be interested in that too, I never get it right and I love pasta.

Here's one :)

Chicken Curry

INGREDIENTS

*2-3 x large chicken breasts
*2 x Chicken oxo cubes
*2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
*3tbs Chicken Tikka curry paste or any to suit your taste
*3tbs Mango chutney
*2 x Cloves of Garlic
*1/2 tsp Chilli Flakes, these are optional for hotter curry
*2tsp dried Corriander leaf
*150ml water & more if you require a more runny Curry
*1 x Large Onion, roughly chopped

METHOD

1) Cook Chicken until Brown then add the onions & cook for Further 5 mins until Onions brown too

2) Put in the Curry paste & the garlic & coat the chicken & Onions

3) Add the Tomatoes & the stock & simmer for 15 mins or until it thickens

4) Add the coriander Leaf & the Chilli flakes to suit your own taste

5) Simmer for a couple of more mins then serve

Serves 4 people & can be made using any kind of meat

xxx

Mine is very similar to kezzamunsters only I omit the garlic :D

The OH would have 10 times as much garlic if he could, no way!!!

xxx

i just fry off some chicken and onions and garlic, then chuck in a tin of tomatoes, some cumin, turmeric and any other spices i can find in the cupboard and see what happens :lol: there's one in the slimming world magazine this month i've been meaning to try - i'll dig it out later!

i just fry off some chicken and onions and garlic, then chuck in a tin of tomatoes, some cumin, turmeric and any other spices i can find in the cupboard and see what happens :lol: there's one in the slimming world magazine this month i've been meaning to try - i'll dig it out later!
:lol:

I cook loadsa different curries as it is mine and hubbies fave but this is our fave recepie, takes a little while but its not much faff!!

Ingredients

• 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 large onions, chopped
  • 1 tbsp cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 4 - 6 cloves of garlic, crushed, (depending on how big a garlic fan you are)
  • 3cm piece of root ginger, grated
  • 1 - 2 long green chillies, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp turmeric
  • 1 tbsp garam masala
  • 1 tbsp ground coriander
  • 1 tsp chilli powder
  • 1 tsp madras curry powder
  • 200g can of chopped tomatoes
  • 8 chicken thighs, skin off, on the bone
  • 500ml fresh chicken stock
  • A generous handful of fresh coriander chopped, use the root too for tons of flavour
For the rice

• 240g basmati rice
  • 1 lemon sliced
  • A pinch saffron
  • 1 tsp onion seeds
  • 3 - 4 curry leaves
  • A good pinch of salt
For the salad

• ½ cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
  • 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
  • 2 small shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
  • 1 tbsp fresh coriander
  • Juice 1 lemon
  • Serve with 0% fat Greek yoghurt

METHOD

How to make a chicken curry

1. Bring a full kettle to the boil. Heat the oil in a large deep pan. Add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes until slightly golden then add the cumin seeds and salt and toast for a further 2 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for a further 3 minutes until everything is nicely golden.
2. Turn the heat up and add enough boiled water to just cover the onions. Let them simmer slowly, stirring occasionally until the water has reduced almost completely. Keep adding water for around 10 - 15min until onions are a mushy. You are looking at making this into a paste so by all means go at it with a potato masher.
3. Turn the heat down to medium, add some more boiled water (again just covering the paste) and add the spices and stir. Cover with lid for around 5 to 10 minutes and add the tomatoes. At this stage it should be quite soupy, you don't want it too watery so, if it is, keep simmering it until it has reduced.
4. Add chicken and give it a good stir. Pour over the chicken stock making sure there is enough to just cover the chicken then simmer it on a low heat, stirring it every now and then for 40 minutes.
5. To make the rice, put all the ingredients in a pan then cover with 1cm of cold water and a lid. Bring to the boil for 5 minutes and, when almost all the water has been absorbed, turn it off the heat, leave the lid on and let it steam for 10 minutes.
6. Finally stir through the coriander, check the seasoning and serve

Other than that if it is a busy night I would just fry off some chicken with some curry paste then put in half a can of tinned toms and half a can of coconut milk and let it simmer for 10-15 mins et voila!!!
xxxx

Mmmmm sounds delicious, I may just have to try that at the weekend

xxx

I just chuck in whatever veg and meat I have too, but cumin, chilli, and corriander are a must. Chuck in some yoghurt for a creamy curry or leave it out for a fresh tasting one. I chop onions, garlic, chilli and veg in the blender til theyre really fine and its like your own curry paste then :yay:

with the corriander I chop the stalk and add them at the beginning, and then add the leaves right at the end after I turn the heat off, just stir them through. If you dont add the yoghurt/cream then squeeze lime over it. Im gonna be cooking curry now :lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back