How long after a miscarriage can you take a test?

Quaylaa

Reaction score
okay so I know normally it goes by a missed period then take a test but I had a miscarriage last month and think I might be pregnant. But seen as it’s not counted as a period I’m getting confused to when to take a test because I don’t know when a period is due. Also if I am pregnant how will I know what to tell the doctors when they ask when my last period was to see how far along I am? Because a miscarriage isn’t exactly a period but it’s the last time you bled. I’m so confused right now it’s unreal so can someone help with both the things I’m worried about please? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post

What date did you bleed and do you know if and when you ovulated? x

What date did you bleed and do you know if and when you ovulated? x
I bled from the 24th may to 29th of may and I’m not too sure if I ovulate but this will be much second baby and I feel pregnant but just confused of when to take a test that’s not gonna be too early x

That was supposed to be I’m not too sure if I *ovulated* and it will be *my* second baby sorry auto correct is awful

I miscarried on the 5th March and bled until the 12th then spotted the rest of the month. Tested on the 8th April and clear bfp. Hope you get your sticky x

I bled from the 24th may to 29th of may and I’m not too sure if I ovulate but this will be much second baby and I feel pregnant but just confused of when to take a test that’s not gonna be too early x

You could always test using a first response test now? And if you don’t have AF or a positive test try again in a few days maybe?

It’s hard to say unless you know when you ovulated.

Good luck x

You could always test using a first response test now? And if you don’t have AF or a positive test try again in a few days maybe?

It’s hard to say unless you know when you ovulated.

Good luck x
I just don’t want to get a false negative and then lose hope for no reason. I’d rather wait until I know that’s the negative is definitely not false or too early, so when should I test so that I’m not getting false negatives? I’m so excited because I definitely feel pregnant but the last thing I want to do is test too early :( x

When you miscarried did you not have bloods done to confirm the hcg had left your body? or had you been checking with tests to see if the line was getting lighter?

When you miscarried did you not have bloods done to confirm the hcg had left your body? or had you been checking with tests to see if the line was getting lighter?
I went up to he hospital it was very early though and they kept an eye on me and I was passing big clots so they said there’s no chance that I didn’t lose it, the amount of blood was unreal and I was in so much pain too and I done tests after I came back from the hospital when I’d stopped bleeding and there was not even a faint line

They generally count the first day of your miscarriage as cycle day one (awful as it sounds but that’s what they will probably do) So work out the days from there for your longest cycle and then test either on the day your would be due for a period or add a couple extra days on then test.

I’ve always got positives a couple days after my period is late as I tend to have a short luteal phase (11 days)

On the miscarriage I had I bled then on cycle day 28 I had my first period bang on time. It can vary in some so just add a couple extra days. Good luck xx

They generally count the first day of your miscarriage as cycle day one (awful as it sounds but that’s what they will probably do) So work out the days from there for your longest cycle and then test either on the day your would be due for a period or add a couple extra days on then test.

I’ve always got positives a couple days after my period is late as I tend to have a short luteal phase (11 days)

On the miscarriage I had I bled then on cycle day 28 I had my first period bang on time. It can vary in some so just add a couple extra days. Good luck xx
Okay thanks :)

I went up to he hospital it was very early though and they kept an eye on me and I was passing big clots so they said there’s no chance that I didn’t lose it, the amount of blood was unreal and I was in so much pain too and I done tests after I came back from the hospital when I’d stopped bleeding and there was not even a faint line
If you have had negatives since your miscarriage then you wouldn't get false positives if you start testing now. Why do you think you would get false positives?
if you are unsure when you ovulated its going to be hard to know exactly where you are in your cycle so i would just test every other day with cheapies.

If you have had negatives since your miscarriage then you wouldn't get false positives if you start testing now. Why do you think you would get false positives?
if you are unsure when you ovulated its going to be hard to know exactly where you are in your cycle so i would just test every other day with cheapies.

I’m worried about getting false negatives not false positives, I’m hoping with every inch of me that this time I will be pregnant, we’ve been trying for over a year and only got pregnant twice and miscarried twice but we’ve got a 4 year old so we know we can have them, I just don’t want to get false negatives and then lose hope just to figure out I’ve tested too early

Aww congrats! Seeing it in writing does make you more certain! Enjoy your 9 months!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back