How long after the birth.....

NIE

Reaction score
Hi mums, :wave:

A couple of questions for you all.

How long after you gave birth were you sore?
and
How soon after the birth did you get a good level of mobility back? (bending etc)

Thanks. xxx

I'd say I was sore for about 4 days and my mobility was back to normal at about 10 days. However if I was stood up or walking round for a couple of hours i could feel pressure on my stitches, this passed after about a month.

i was sore about a week after the birth. i remember i was so scared to go to the toilet and when evr i woud open my legs my pelvis wud ache.
i got my whole strenghts back about a week after the birth.
but its different for every one hun!
xnatx

I was sore for about 4/5 days and had a good level of mobility after 2 weeks

I had a forceps and an episiotimy, and I was sore for about a couple of weeks with the stitches but also didn't feel all well again until about 2 and a half months after.
I had my mobility back as soon as the epidural and spinal block wore off, same day as Isaac's birth.
Though I'm sure you know every birth is different, and regardless of events, you will do just fine, you don't have to be able to run marathons or do star jumps to enjoy and care for your baby :hug: very best wishes :hug:

i was sore for a few day, and got back to norman within a week

i had a tear so with the stitches it was about 2 weeks but moving a doing stuff around the house and with LO probably a few days. :D

i was very sore for about 3 days (hurt to sit down and i waddled when i walked!) but after one week i wasnt sore at all (apart from when i tried having sex- i was sore inside for weeks and couldnt have sex for about 2 months)

mobility- i never lost it, i could bend over straight away. i had to hav a shower before the midwives would leave my house and i dropped the soap i had to bend over for it, it wasnt a problem.

xx

Thanks. xx

I have been trying to prepare myself for the birth, which I am begining to accept. It's after the birth that is starting to worry me as I can't wait for everything to get back to normal and I can really enjoy being a mum. xx

I was sore for about 3 or 4 days after and was up and about the same day with no problems. I did take it easy for the 1st week only because of the bleeding if I over did it.

I tore badly and was too swollen to be stitched up, therefore I was sore for around 10-12 days after the birth. It was still uncomfortable even after that but I felt more 'normal' than I had done.

Surprisingly enough though, it didn't hurt me to poo! (sorry if tmi) My tears were a wee bit inside and on the left hand side of my bits! Guess I was lucky that way.

Bloody killed to pee though!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back