how often....

l_maclean

Reaction score
....did your LO bf at 4months??

Was talking to my dad - (who reckons my aim for BLW at 6months is daft) - he thinks G will soon be needing baby rice etc. His basis for this is that feeding every approx 2 hours is too much at 4months. he's fairly sure my niece and nephew were much longer by this stage.

Sometimes she'll stretch it out - but its not often, and not by much - although she does go longer at night.

I figured that she was probably still on a short time scale because we have to use nipple shields and I have been told that these make for less efficient feeding than a natural latch.

She is generally still following the 25th line - but should i be trying to stretch her out a bit???

xxx

I think it might be worth seeing if she can be dragged out for a bit, try just stretching her another 10 mins every feed, you will know if she is really hungry or just taking little and often.
xxxx

Lewis is exactly the same hun, at least every 2hrs if he's awake, although to be honest I don't time it. I've been weaning for a while and don't find it makes much of a difference during the day.

The only thing is he was starting to wake much more often at night and weaning put a stop to that.

Last edited:
Thanks, just put on the thread in B&T, that I was out for 3ish hours tonight, she was asleep when I left (had been for near an hour) had a play before that, and was just having a bottle when I came home!!

Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

My bubs is nearly 5 months and she feeds roughly every 2 hours during the day and every 3-4 at night. She is also quite little but has been tracking the 4th percentile since birth and I'm perfectly happy with that. I'm planning to keep bf till doing blw at 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back