I can't wait to give birth!

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
:oooo:
Is that weird?

Before I was pregnant I was absolutely terrified of giving birth, I was tempted not to have kids because I was so scared of it! But now that I'm pregnant, I can't wait to give birth and I'm not dreading it at all. I've felt this way throughout my whole pregnancy so far. I guess I just can't wait to meet Grace and experience something that I've never experienced before, I'm excited for it. I must sound crazy! Anyone else feel similar? xxx

haha im completely the opposite, im on my third and dreading it, i wasnt as bothered until my friend gave birth 4 weeks ago and she told me her full birth story. Just things that you forget about, obviously its not the worst thing in the world else i wouldnt be doing it again. But me at this stage thinks about the worst lol x

I'm the same. I can't wait! It'll be hard but it'll be the finalli...the big fireworks show at the end of it! Lol. And you get your baby in your arms. So exciting!xx

I'm looking forward to it too but still want baby to be late as I'm no where near ready yet!

I remember looking forward to it all the way through and even with all the problems I've had after it, I'd do it again in a heartbeat. There is just nothing like it.

I am totally the same tiff I used to be terrified by the thought but now i can't wait!

I'm so scared of the unknown with giving birth, but my brains has changed it into a challenge rather than something to dread. like doing a sky dive or something...I might not like it when I'm doing it but it won't last that long (relatively) and I'll feel great when its all done and I have my baby.

Its after birth that scares me, its my first baby and both myself and husband are only children, none of our friends have babies yet and I'm so scared I won't know what to do with him, or how to hold him or change nappies. Worried I'll do or neglect to do something important just because I wasn't aware! lol

Its after birth that scares me, its my first baby and both myself and husband are only children, none of our friends have babies yet and I'm so scared I won't know what to do with him, or how to hold him or change nappies. Worried I'll do or neglect to do something important just because I wasn't aware! lol

This scared me soooo much! I thought about this last night. I honestly had no idea what to do. The thought of feeding the baby and knowing when she would sleep and how to dress her etc, no a clue! My mum was just a life saver when it came to this. It still baffles me that Ive managed to somehow take care of a baby for over a year! Its fiddly at first and I dont think you ever think 'I know what Im doing' but you just do.

A womans instinct is amazing. I remember on my third day in hospital they came and asked if I needed any help with feeding and nappy changing etc :wall: The midwives and other staff are always on call while your in (even if for a few hours) so just keep asking questions :)

Not wierd at all

I was like this with my first, I desperately wanted to experience what millions of other women had

Now that i've been through it and having 2nd, I have no illusions in my head that it will be easy, I know exactly what i'm about to go through & it scares the sh*t out of me. Having nightmares about it and everything, absolutely terrified to go through it again, heard alof of ppl say baby number 2 can be worse in that sense.

I think everyone thinks with the first that it wont be as bad as they thought or that...they exadurate in tv programmes ect.

Cant wait to meet my baby though.

Honestly, I'm finding it so hard being pregnant every day for months in a row, I can't wait to get it over with. It'll only be one day, how bad can it be? (famous last words, LOL!)

Honestly, I'm finding it so hard being pregnant every day for months in a row, I can't wait to get it over with. It'll only be one day, how bad can it be? (famous last words, LOL!)

Or a couple, if your unlucky

:)

Interesting to see everyone else's views!

Mother instinct is very amazing AugustMum. When my mum had me (her first child) the midwives kept me on my first night so that my mum could get some sleep, she couldn't sleep so she went to ask the midwives for some painkillers and then she went and got me from the baby room and she knew exactly which one I was without looking at my name tag :lol: She was/is an amazing mum too, Like she was born to do it! I only hope I follow in her footsteps.

I know I'll probably have a whinge and a moan when I'm in labour but no doubt I'll be excited! xxx

Last edited:
Personally I think you are all mad rofl. Am kind of hoping that my womb is some kind of Star Trek transporter, Podge will just materialise in front of me and we can all go home xxxxxxx

Mother instinct is very amazing AugustMum. When my mum had me (her first child) the midwives kept me on my first night so that my mum could get some sleep, she couldn't sleep so she went to ask the midwives for some painkillers and then she went and got me from the baby room and she knew exactly which one I was without looking at my name tag :lol: She was/is an amazing mum too, Like she was born to do it! I only hope I follow in her footsteps.

I know I'll probably have a whinge and a moan when I'm in labour but no doubt I'll be excited! xxx

Aw tiff that's so sweet about ur mum :love: xx

I'm with you Tiff. I cannot wait for it all to kick off lol I know it sounds strange but like you, it exciting to experience something like never before and at the end of it all we'll be rewarded with our little girls :D so excited xx

Aw tiff that's so sweet about ur mum :love: xx

And you know what she did all night?.. lay in bed watching me in the cot next to her bed, she didn't get a wink of sleep! :D xxx

I'm with you Tiff. I cannot wait for it all to kick off lol I know it sounds strange but like you, it exciting to experience something like never before and at the end of it all we'll be rewarded with our little girls :D so excited xx

Awwww, exactly! I can't wait to meet her :love: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back