I dunno what to do anymore

On second thought, Vincent is quite fractious at night and he refuses boob, then he seems to refuse bottle as well, when we all know he's very hungry, but too grumpy to feed quietly because he's sleepy. We have to coax him to take the bottle, distract and jiggle him and pop it in his mouth again and again until he takes it.
Not saying Tyler's the same, he might not take it regardless. But Vince has always been a nightmare feeder in the evening.

I never breastfed so can't imagine how knackering it is for you. When he is waking in the night is he just comfort sucking? Have you tried a dummy? Hope he starts sleeping longer for you soon.

is it a growth spurt hun?
i know how you feel. im desperately trying to exclusivly bf but Alyssa seems to have other ideas. yesterday we went from happy content baby having 1 formula top up a day to screamy nightmare that had to be given 3 top ups so i could sleep for once in 2 nights.

im hoping its a growth spurt

Last edited:
Haven't read the whole thread - but I had the same, it was killing me. This is what I did: dragge the time out between The day feeds. So, if he normally goes 2 hours between feeds, drag it out to 3 hours if you can. Go for a walk, get out of house. If you stay in its do hard as you know iTunes could pop him on boob to stop
Him moaning. This ensures they take more at each feed an dont graze, aim for eventfully him going 4 hours between day feeds.

Hope it helps, it helped me xx

Blimey that sounds really hard work. I didnt breast feed out of choice ( dont hate me) I have a number of reasons that I chose not too but admire women who do and those that can peservere as long as you have. One of the things I think is hard work about breast feeding is not being able to see how much they take and this is where too me bottle feeding or expressing into a bottle to me makes sense. Alyssia sometimes fusses with her bottle and falls asleep but i can see how much shes had an know what impact this will have either waking early for next feed or requiring more. Dont get me wrong shes had a few problems with colic and reflux and I did blame myself for not breast feeding but that is silly now I see that.

I would try to keep going with the bottle as hard as it is or try alternative teats etc (i know expensive) and express your breast milk that way hes still getting the godness from you milk and you can at least see how much hes taking. Easier said than done understand that but he will get used to it eventually XX

What I found with "bragging" Mothers is that most were dream feeding! That's hardly fair to then say how well their baby was sleeping.

Breastfed babies will and do sleep as long as bottle fed babies. I had 6 months of a similar sleeping pattern and she started sleeping through at 6 months after two nights of controlled crying. She then did 10/11/12 hrs each night.

Just go with it, rest during the day and I can honestly say that he will sleep through when he's ready.

Emma x

Sent from my beautiful iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

He won't take a dummy. I'm getting used to him not having a bottle I might try a beaker soon when he's old enough and see if that helps (my OH gets too frustrated when he uses a cup as it goes everywhere and he'd be the one feeding so that won't work) he's been dragged out from every hour recently but will not go longer in the day than 2 1/2 hours except in the mornings when he might go 3.

I don't have any suggestions chick but wow you are a saint to have gone so long without cracking up! Well done you! X

^^ wss, I've done all sorts of 'tricks' just to stay away from formula, EBF is SO hard. I've tried to EBF yesterday and my back killed me, it was hell!

I refuse to touch formula I know he gets all he needs. Ish are you sitting right? If I'm not sitting with enough cushions behind me I get terrible back ache!

Tbh I wasn't looking for a miracle solution just a moan lol!

Also, don't forget, just because those bragging ladies babies sleep through now, doesn't mean it will stay that way! My SIL EBF for a year and her LO slept through from 8 weeks (I was so so jealous) but since about 8 months old he has only slept through a handful of times, usually only sleeping a maximum of 4 hours before waking up to play. Hes 21 months!!! Ive found the ones who take longer to sleep through...usually stay that way :)

Also, don't forget, just because those bragging ladies babies sleep through now, doesn't mean it will stay that way! My SIL EBF for a year and her LO slept through from 8 weeks (I was so so jealous) but since about 8 months old he has only slept through a handful of times, usually only sleeping a maximum of 4 hours before waking up to play. Hes 21 months!!! Ive found the ones who take longer to sleep through...usually stay that way :)

Totally agree with this!! I defo wasn't a bragging mum (I hate those!!!) but I was chuffed that mine slept through at 5 weeks, fast forward to 3 months old and him deciding to wake every 3 hours again for no reason and it nearly bloody killed me!!! I hadn't changed anything or done anything different its just the way his little body works!! As weaning didn't work and giving formula hasn't worked I'm resigned to the fact this might be us for a while!!!! Altho just to add I didn't give him formula to make him sleep better as I don't agree with that, to me my breast milk was just fine, if he could sleep thru when he was 5 weeks on nothing but bf then there was clearly nothing wrong with it, he's a little chunkster and up from 9th to 25th percentile so he was def getting enough lol!!! I'd just always made the decision to stop bf at 6 months because I know I have to be back at work soon and can't express enough for even 1 bottle a day so I wanted to get settled into formula and bottles for a few weeks before starting work again.
I do miss it so much though :cry: its been so hard to stop!!

Anyway off on a tangent there, like I say hon your doing great, he will sleep through soon I'm sure, but In the mean time just try grab any sleep you can xxx

Also have you spoken to Sarah13 I know she is having much the same problem as you? I don't think she has found anything that works yet but I bet she has tons of tips and advice that she's been given, and who knows some of it might work for you??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back