ICSI/IVF - Anyone going through this or about to, post here....

BabyLover

Reaction score
Hello Ladies

I just wanted to start up this thread, as it seems there is not alot of people that like to share their problems they are going through with, especially when it's related to ICSI/IVF and also people tend to not know much about it..

I just want us ladies, especially people who have had some bad news that their partner/husband's sperm is the result of their fertility problems etc....to express you thoughts, what you are thinking, questions or results of any testing. That way I am sure as a group we can all comfort each other and it's nice to know you are not the only one going through this.

So anyone want to post regarding any issues relating to ICSI/IVF, results etc...Then please feel free.

Donna x

Hey Everyone

I will go first.

Well I have had all my tests done and found nothing wrong with me, I am all ok. My partner went for his first lot of sperm tests and his come back that he is only producing 1 million per m/l and everything else is normal. Well he has been sent to have another sperm test, so they can compare the results and we are due to get them back on 29th November.....

We have been told if they do come back the same the second time around, we will be sent to go and have ICSI done, because he still has some sperm...

We are worried about it, especially me because I have a HUGE HUGE phobia about going under general aneastic...(spelt that wrong) so things are always going around my head at the moment. but I am sure i will be ok.

I will post again when we get our results back xx

Hey Donna,
Lovely idea :)
I started treatment just under a week ago. Emotions are all over the place, made worse by a very stressful week at work. There's also only a handful of people outside PF that know what we're going through, and I feel like I can't keep offloading on them (or my DH), so have been keeping it all pent up, arggghhh! :-( I'm really trying to stay positive, but I'm a realist so... just have to wait and see what happens.

Donna, are you able to find out soon if your hospital uses local or general anaesthetic? I hope you get a good answer. Best of luck for 29th November Xx

Thanks hunni

I am not able to find out as of yet, will not until we get referred after 29th November...

Donna x

It's a good topic Donna :)

I am having my cd21 blood on 19th Nov and hubby is having his second semen analysis on the 21st or 22nd Nov.

So, still early days.

I think if things stay the same then when i go for my cd 5 tests on the 2nd Dec i will ask to be referred to a private consultant because we have a relative that has very kindly offered to pay for our treatment.

I feel like it will give me more control over everything to go private.

The main question on my mind is if i have a consultation with a private doctor, if i can still continue with diagnostics on the Nhs.

I'm not dealing too well with waiting around.

Last edited:
Yes the waiting around is doing our heads in as well, especially when you have to wait like 2 weeks for bloods and semen tests to come back and then another 2 weeks to get seen by your doctor.

We go and collect ours on 29th November, which is not too long away now!

I went for my first smear test today and it felt weird, not as bad as everyone else was making out...at least that's out the way, but another thing to wait on for the results lol I am sure you time will come sooner or later and you are lucky to have someone who is willing to pay for you to go private, especially because the prices are so high when you go private. You may still be allowed treatment on nhs, i don't see why not?!

Hope everything get's sorted soon, waiting is just one of those things in life

Donna x

You seem to have to wait a long time Donna, they tend to have the semen result after couple of day it's just that they only contact you after a couple of week.

My hubby went to his app. for his results within just over a week. I got him to phone up 3 working days after his test and will be doing the same again this time... because i love to boss him around :good:

He has had his second analysis so i'll be getting him to phone them tomorrow i think :)

I had my cd21 test - what a lot of blood! :shock:

I've found out that it tends to take about 7-8 weeks for one cycle, so i'm starting to think "February BFP" which is a bit exciting :)

Last edited:
Hope all goes well for you

It only takes a week to get the sperm results back, but I like to see the same doctor as she is a brilliant one and very good and you have to wait upto 3 weeks to get an appointment with her as she is a very popular doctor and plus we live in a small village, so we only have a small village surgery lol

Hope you bloods go ok....

My sister is currently TTC at the moment, so I am hoping we can fall pregnant at the same time, fingers crossed I will be pregnant by end of February/March if the treatment goes ok

Donna x

My sister is currently TTC at the moment, so I am hoping we can fall pregnant at the same time, fingers crossed I will be pregnant by end of February/March if the treatment goes ok

Donna x

It's nice having something to aim for - if you catch in Feb we can do it together too! If i catch also ofcourse :blush:

And March would leave us with xmas babies! Or maybe even first baby born in 2012!

very true!

Well here's a very big hug for good luck xxx

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck for tomorrow Donna Xx

I have had day 21 bloods and interal swaps etc and oh has had sperm test. Will get all results next week, very nervous xx

I have had day 21 bloods and interal swaps etc and oh has had sperm test. Will get all results next week, very nervous xx

It's kind of exciting too though, don't you think? Progress :) You are int he same place as me and my hubby.

Thanks everyone

We go at 5pm today....

AF due today as well, but not shown yet, not getting my hopes up with my partner only having 1 million sperm per m/l lol

Post later xx

Can't wait to hear all about it, i'm not too sure that i understand what will be happening at the appointment.

Is this just an initial chat to a fertility doctor to discuss what treatment you will be having in the future, or are they actually going to be giving you your drugs to start down regulation or whatever?

It's so exciting! Hope it all goes as you want it to xx

Last edited:
Just a chat to discuss what treatment to go for...

Donna x

LouiseB - just saw your repsonse. yeah i am SO glad we are finally getting somewhere.
Sort of werid though - i keep thinking that the results dont change anything...what ever they say it has still been a year and a half and i am not pregnant!!
OH will get this first so if his are clear i will convince myself its me - which is silly - could be neither of us xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back