** IMPORTANT - everyone read please! ** ICE

lozzi

Reaction score
I was in my GP's surgery the other day and saw a sign up about the ICE idea.

In Case of Emergency (ICE)

basically to cut it shorter...

save in ur phone book a number under the name of ICE so if anything happens to you a next of kin can be contacted.

its for the purposes of emergency medical staff (ambulances etc)

you can save more than one..

ICE1.. ICE2...ICE 3 etc...

ICE in your mobile phone
The original concept, conceived by Cambridge paramedic Bob Brotchie, involved putting the acronym ICE in front of your designated emergency contact.

Follow these hints to get the best out of ICE:

Make sure the person whose name and number you are giving has agreed to be your ICE partner
Make sure your ICE partner has a list of people they should contact on your behalf - including your place of work
Make sure your ICE person's number is one that's easy to contact, for example a home number could be useless in an emergency if the person works full time
Make sure your ICE partner knows about any medical conditions that could affect your emergency treatment - for example allergies or current medication
Make sure if you are under 18, your ICE partner is a parent or guardian authorised to make decision on your behalf - for example if you need a life or death operation
Should your preferred contact be deaf, then type ICETEXT then the name of your contact before saving the number

My phone doesn't show the callers name any more
This will be because your ICE contact number is a duplicate entry of another contact in your phone book. If you have two numbers the same, your phone won't know which one to display so it will show just the number. To get round this, simply type a * after the number under your ICE contact. It will still work and will cure the caller-ID problem.

taken from a website ^^

please make sure you all have this in ur phone book adn tell family and friends..

this information could potentially save your life if you have medical issues... and notify relatives sooner rather than later!![/quote]

I agree with this, I have had it in my phone for years, I have my husband as Ian/ICE. Hopefully it will never be needed but it is good to know Ian will be con tacting if anything did happen as he is the first face I would like to see :)

lfc_sarah said:
I dont get it :think:

say hypothetically... you were run over - unconscious - paramedic can look at ur phone see ICE listed in ur phone book and ring them to tell em to get to the hosp and ask em if u haev any medical conditions that could affect how you are treated..

my mums made me do this since i was 12yrs old lol i have 3 - andy, dad, mum!

xxxxx

it's a great idea, oh has always done it, and told me to do it :D

To me it makes more sense making the emergency number something like AAA or something, rather than someone having to flick through to find I - I know what im like on other peoples phones lol

I have Nicks name then next to it ICE, (Nick Mobile ICE) you can see it if you scroll through my contact list. I've done the same with my mums number. I have had this for a while :)

Ive had this on my phone for ages. Its a good idea. Mine says ICE Pete mobile so they can find him straight away instead of having to scroll down the names looking for ICE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back