Is there such a thing as too much sleep?

Tadpole

Reaction score
I barely dare ask this after reading the problems people are having getting their LOs to sleep.

But can babies sleep too much? :think: Olivia sleeps loads during the day and has now starting sleeping through most of the night (11-5). She has been asleep for nearly two hours now this afternoon and she slept through most of the morning. I would wake her but whenever I have had to wake her to go out she has been properly cranky. She is a really heavy sleeper as well.

When she is awake she seems fine, she eats well, normal nappies, very alert and laughing & giggling. I would hate for something to be wrong though because I have missed a big clue.

Actually,thinking about it she has only just started sleeping through the night this last week - and she had her first set of jabs last monday - any connection?

I think at her age they should have about 3-4 naps in the day for 1-2 hours iirc.
As long as she's eating well and seems alert it should be ok. Any concerns then check with the HV.
Wanna trade for the day? Lol. You'll be dying to have her back and fob off Angel! :rotfl:

All i can say is.. lucky you! lol xx

Take advantage!!! I had a wonderful sleeper and now she's awful! I think teething has caused this but i wish i hadn't hoped she was awake when younger! Lol. Make the most of it, just in case! Lol

Yup enjoy it while you have it!!

Corey sleeps between 16-17hours in 24hour period - I am taking advantage of this as much as possible. Because things could be TOTALLY different next month, you just never know!!

Enjoy it! :hug:

I bet I've just jinxed myself. She won't sleep at all now!! Heh heh. :lol:

Callum sleeps loads too

For the past 3 days hes slept 6pm/7 until 11am/12

And has a nap for half an hour/ hour around 3 aswel

hes also cranky when hes woken up or tired

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads