is there such thing as to much sleep? should i be concerned?

Dee1985

Reaction score
should i worry????

Dior sleeps to much... im worried today for eg...

last night she went to bed at 8pm woke today at 10am
went down for a nap at 12pm and i had to wake her at 6pm
she had dinner and bath and walked up too her cot trying to climb back in at 8pm

:shock: :shock:

should i worry...

this is every day aswell. she sleeps 14-15hrs at night then has 5-6hr nap in the day????

she wakes for breakfast then sleeps then wakes for dinner then sleps shes loosing weight too as she is only having toast in morning then one dinner in the day?????

when i put her to bed she giggles her head of and gets so excited and ulls the blanket over herself and gives me a kiss if i potter round her room she waves at me to get out??????????????????????

For her age Dionne I think thats too much. She wouldnt sleep if she didnt need it but why she would need that much is a mystery.
I would mention that to the hv.
Sounds like my kinda baby, she can come her holidays to Saltcoats anytime.

yh i supose it is worrying, she loves her bed, she will lay there just looking into thin air, she has a camera in her room i watch her, i suppose its upsetting to think she dont want to be around me
i never see her today iv seen her for 4hrs

and its been like this for months

Dont take it personally :( , there must be a reason and im sure its nothing to do with not wanting to be around her mummy.
Its maybe a reaction to harley and something that with a bit of info you can sort.

awww hun. Maybe its the heat getting to her and making her tired?

I dont know what to suggest. :?

I read between the age of 1-3ish they are supposed to have 12-13 hours at the night and a couple of naps in the day, it may be the heat, Jakc has slept alot more the last few days.

They have days like us i suppose,

Don't take it personally :wink:

what is she like when you go out? does she sleep that much then? x

she has always loved her bed before harl came and before the heat, and iv not been bothered about it but iv noticed how much weight she is loosin which is why im starting to worry, iv not been gettin her weighed, i got her weighed when she was 9months and then the other day, she is the right weight but i never knew what she was before

if we go out then she will stay away all day and wont sleep unless she is in HER cot, no where else no even my bed. she will get sooo tired and clumbsy and starts falling over and crying

im not taking it personal but i never see her, harley is such a good lil boy i cant go out as Dior will only sleep in her cot so i spend my time on here :roll:

hope Diors ok :cry:

toriElla that link was usefull thats mate x

i htink i best speak to some one :think:

some times she will go to bed at 7.30pm and not wake til 12pm :shock:

im so concered as all th meals she is missing out on

can you not wake her up sometimes? and take her out for fresh air? that might wake her up a bit x

yh if i wake her then she will wake, she will be moody but i can wake her. after breakfast in the morning i take her the park then by the time we get in she is crawling up the stairs waving at me :roll: (that means bed time)
then i no she will sleep so long i cant go out.....

Hi

I would speak to a doctor hun that seems like such a long time to sleep for her age.. and expecually since she is losing weight, keep us updated on what you decide to do.
Katrina

will they test a toddler in boots or superdrg?

i told my hv last week that dior has 10-15 bottles of juice a day could it be diabeties? she giggled and said no if it dont run in the family, and she looks fine :evil:

It's just a little prick in the end of a finger, they get a blob of blood on a card thing and post it into the machine. My kids have been playing with mums for years :? Don't see why they wouldn't test, but it won't do any harm asking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back