lesson learned today....

Samsgirl

Reaction score
well..everyday is a school day as a mummy...

for the past 2/3 weeks, Hannah has been waking around 4-5:30 and so it has worked out she would have 5 bottles a day. one then, 1 @ 8am, 12pm, 4pm and then after bath...

well......this morning she woke at 6:15 (yay for me!) but it's worked out she has had 4 bottles and i dont know why i didnt think this would make a difference, but they were at completely different times....so 6:15, 10:15, 2pm and then a split feed just before and after bath...

well............it has completely knocked her for 6 today! her naps have been at all different times and she has been difficult to settle....I normally give her a feed at 4pm then take her for a walk so she has a little nap before bath time etc so she not grumpy and screaming..

well of course tonight...her last bottle before walk was at 2pm and so she would not nap on her walk...this resulted in one very tired, grumpy, confused baby who just cried so much after her bath, i couldnt get her to take her bottle...so upsetting ans stressful...

it was only after she fell asleep as i was literally putting her into her basket that it dawned on me that i have basically turned her day upside down..bless her...these babies are funny little creatures of habit once you have them settled into a routine...silly mummy! so even if she wakes at 6 again...basically, whatever time she wakes..i am going to make sure i work it so she has her bottle at 12pm and then another at 4pm and then a little one after bath....just like she got used to....oo sorry, long post! lol...xx:roll:

Ooh not fun hope she gets back into her routine!!
It's amazing that small changes can really throw them!! X

yeah im having murder settling alyssa most nights now cos her routine is off. i let oh put her down one night as she was grizzling so it took an hour longer than usual and now most nights its a fight to get her down, she cries the minute i put her in her cot since oh let her fall asleep on him before she was usually happy to be there. today was a pain cos she fell asleep at half 7 cos we got up a lil later than usual and then she was just asleep, normally she naps at 6 til 7 ish then goes bed at half 8 ish which works great but tonight it was 20.47 when i decided to ut her to bed while she was still asleep. to which she woke the second i put her down and proceeded to cry every time i tried to put her down, even patting and soothing didnt work. had to feed her more and then put her down and stick bottle in her mouth while she was lying down. that calmed her and she was then fairly happy to lay there holding my finger watching the light on her seahorse. i had to stay til she fell asleep as when i tried to leave the room she started working up again.

such a rigid routine she likes lol. tomorrow i will put her to bed early if she starts trying to nap at half 7 as its too close to bedtime.

yeah....just shows they do like routines if thats what they are used to. Hannah been in a good routine since she was really little and it does work well for us...

luckily we are back on track for her bottles today! lol

so i have a happy little baby again today hopefully...well she is over the moon watching baby einstein at the moment..lol..i have never seen the bouncy chair bounce quite so much, She loves it!!!

aww thats good, were off for sunday brekkie at my parents as usual today, bout 11am so for now alyssa is in her walker with her book and jaques while i drink my cuppa. same as every day. this morning it was half 7 again that she shouted to get up so im thinking that half 7 this evening she might get sleepy again. bottles are the same 11, 2, 5, 8 if we get that far and bf 7.30am and a bit before naps

Learned that the hard way too hun, they really let you know about it if they're not happy with routine changes dont they xx

I normally offer harrison an extra bottle to get him back on track timewise!! Thing is when their routine changes it does take a while for us all to adapt to it!! Hope she is better today!!
xxx

Oh they're def creatures of habit. My LO goes in a huff for the day if his bottles or naps are at the wrong times, or if we've been out in the buggy for a while.

xxxxxxx

We seem to be back on track today..... I think now though her teeth are starting to bother her. Not coming as yet but must be moving cos she is sucking her cheeks in like she sucking at her gums. Lots of dribbling and hand chewing. Oh joy! X

Oh no, everything goes out the window when they start teething, routine/feeds/naps ect ect.

One thing about teething tho - I always thot b4 I had kids that its constant (the symptoms of it) until they have all their teeth, this isn't true, they have phases (certainly both mine did & others i've spoken to) so for example it'll be a week of teething chaos then 2 weeks of normal, and so on like that.

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back