low laying placenta

mandplus4

Reaction score
hello ladies i was wondering if anyone has had a low laying placenta, last night i was admitted to hospital because i had a heavy bleed, i really thought i was losing my baby as i had bad period pains aswell, but luckily they found my babies heartbeat, i stopped bleeding at 3 o clock this morning, they kept me in and today i had a scan to c why i was bleeding and they said ive got a low laying placenta that it is completly covering my cervix,the midwife said it may move but at the mo it looks like i may have to have c section, she also said i may have another heavy bleed and to go straight in if i do, so now im really worried, ive looked it up and it said alot do move but i dont know, i just thought somebody might have had the same thing happen xxxxxx

I haven't had the same hun but just wanted to say I hope you're ok :hug:

omg i couldn't imagine how scary that may've been for you. but keep positive!!! i'm afraid i have no solid advice for you but to just keep in touch with midwives about anything of course. hope it turns out great hun xxx

Hiya,
I too had a low-lying placenta.
It meant no sex through the pregnancy :eek:(
It did move in time for the delivery though.
I was told about 80% of them move in time (it doesn't actually move apparently, it grows away).
Good Luck.

My friend also had a low laying placenta, hers moved in time for the baby to come as well. Wishing you all the best xx

thanks ladies, im hoping they r going to say its moved on my next scan but i dont think it has yet, i started bleeding again yesterday but i had no pain or anything with it so i didnt go to hospital, i tried ringing my midwife but couldnt get hold of her grrrr im just worrying now incase i did the wrong thing by not going to hospital, i havnt felt the baby move today but im not sure if its just cause im worrying myself over it, xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back