Low Lying Placenta

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
At our 20 week scan on Tuesday she was scanning me and said that my placenta maybe low. She wasnt sure as she said it might be that I didnt drink enough water before the scan. Anyway she was saying she will send for me for another scan at 34 weeks and if its no better I will have to have a c section birth.

I was just looking for some advice on this really. Ive looked on the net about it but every site seemed to tell me different thing (as alot of them do) have any other mothers had this, did everything turn out ok is it common etc etc just looking for some general advice really please girls??

thanks xx

I haven't had it but a friend of mine did, she was told its fairly common. She had scan at 34 weeks and all was fine, the placenta had moved up as her uterus grew. She had her little man normally with no probs,
fingers crossed it's the same for you :hug:

I did at 23 weeks and it was 7cm clear by 32 weeks. When I had a scan at 30 weeks to check it they couldn't see properly and thought part of it was still covering the escape route and like you I was also told I hadn't drunk enough for them to say for certain. Drink LOTS for your next scan! :lol: :hug:

Don't worry too much - there is plenty of time for it to move.

You are lucky your scanners check for this. They don't where I live and mine was only discovered when I was 38+4 and had some spotting. I had to have a CS. At least if it doesn't move you have time to prepare for a CS.

MrsBrightside said:
At our 20 week scan on Tuesday she was scanning me and said that my placenta maybe low. She wasnt sure as she said it might be that I didnt drink enough water before the scan. Anyway she was saying she will send for me for another scan at 34 weeks and if its no better I will have to have a c section birth.

I was told the same at my 20wk scan :hug: I am also having a further scan at 34wks to see how things are going :D

jools221181 said she had it with Brody and her placenta had moved in time for his birth. I don't think its that uncommon asking around, its more uncommon for it not to have moved by the 34wk scan, fingers crossed for us both :hug:

It's quite common so try not to worry. It usually moves up as the uterus grows. I had it up until 34 weeks then it moved up.
:hug:

Brilliant, thanks girls... If I have to have a c section then so be it so long as the little fella gets out safe and sound so im in the mind set that im having one (Iykwim) then if I dont then bonus. But at least ive set myself up for one! Id rather prepare in my head and then not have to have one if that makes sense?!?

The more people I talk to the more common it seems to be that its picked up on a scan and then everything ends up fine in the end!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I had it with Brody, and again with Riley, it moved both times. :)

hiya hun

like i said to you on the phone, i had this too, and mine also moved up out of the way when they scanned my later on.

xxx

MrsBrightside said:
Brilliant, thanks girls... If I have to have a c section then so be it so long as the little fella gets out safe and sound so im in the mind set that im having one (Iykwim) then if I dont then bonus. But at least ive set myself up for one! Id rather prepare in my head and then not have to have one if that makes sense?!?

The more people I talk to the more common it seems to be that its picked up on a scan and then everything ends up fine in the end!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Thats how i feel, i don't want a c section but if i have to its not an issue - i am just worried because the sonographer was pretty sure mine won't move enough, fingers crossed though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back