**lUCYBEES SON (TOM)IS0 IN HOSPITAL **UPDATE 2-IN 1ST POST**

rhian85

Reaction score
SORRY MODS IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG PLACE BUT I THINK MANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE KEPT INFORMED

as you know from health section Lucys son Tom has been very ill with a sever temp the last few days, lucy rang me this morning to tell me that he had developed a few pin prick dark red spots on his calf and foot. She couldnt get in with a doctor so she told me she had pulled up at home and was going to check if he had ny more spots.

The poor woman was in tears on the phone as more spots had come up, but she said he seems alert so hopefully its nothing serious. but as we all know a rash that doesnt fade should always be checked.

so please keep lucy in ur mind today..ill update as i hear anything

hope tom is okay lucy - thinking off u hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

UPDATE 1

TOM HAS BEEN SEEN BY TRIAGE NURSE AND ALTHOUGH HIS RASH IS THE SAME AS THAT WITH MENINGITIS, IT CAN ALSO APPEAR WITH OTHER ILLNESSES, AS TOM IS LIVELY THEY DONT THINK HE HAS MENINGITIS AS THE ONLY SYMPTOMS HE HAS ARE A HIGN TEMP AND THIS RASH..LUCY IS WAITING FOR A PEADIATRITIAN TO COME DOWN TO CHECK HIM OVER. :pray: :pray: :pray: ALL IS OK LUCY :hug:

UPDATE 2
lUCY HAS JUST RUNG..TOM HAS BEEN TRANSFERED TO THE WARD FOR CLOSE OBERVATION, THEY HAVE MARKED ALL OF HIS RASH SO THEY CAN TELL IF ANYMORE APPEAR. THE POOR MITE HAS HAD THREE CANULARS PUT IN AND HAS HAD BLOODS TAKEN AND A THROAT SWAB. IF THE BLOOD RESULTS SHOW CERTAIN LEVELS OF BACTERIA TOM WILL BE ADDMITTED AND GIVEN I.V ANTIBIOTICS AND CLOSE MONITORING. IF THE BLOODS ARE FINE IT MEANS ITS A BAD VIRAL INFECTION AND HE CAN COME HOME..LUCY SAID THE BLOODS WILL TAKE 4+ HOURS TO COME BACK SO SHE HAS TOLD ME THAT HER,ALI AND TOM ARE IN A ROOM OF THEIR OWN AND SHES GOING TO TRY TO HAVE A SLEEP ON THE BED - POOR WOMAN IS WORN OUT :hug: :hug:

WILL UPDATE WHEN SHE RINGS WITH BLOOD RESULTS....PLEASE PRAY THAT HE HAS A VIRAL INFECTION AND CAN COME HOME.... :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

hoping Tom is ok and sending a massive hug to Lucy xxxxxxxxxxxx

oh no, I didn't know Tom has been ill, haven't been on as much as I normaly do. Poor baby :hug: Thinking of you both today hun. Keep us posted, hope everything goes well :hug: :hug:

OMG I had no idea, I'm thinking of them and really hope Tom is alright :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww i'm hoping that Tom is ok, thinking of them both today :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thinking of you both! Really hope everything is OK :hug: :hug: :hug:

Omg love to them both and will keep them in my thoughts for the day.

awww she must be out of her mind with worry.

thinking of you both and praying that its nothing too serious an that Tom gets better soon :hug:

On no poor Lucy, she must be so worried! I hope its nothing serious, get better soon Tom :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

awww no poor little thing and i bet lucy is feeling awful
xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back