Magic names

Marlene

Reaction score
Now I've had my 12 week scan I feel a bit more comfortable thinking about names. As we have a long surname we're leaning towards shorter first names. I like Lily for a girl and James for a boy. Then I had someone point out to me that these are the names of Harry Potters parents. I am not a closet wizard...repeat after me....I am not a closet wizard!

(I still like Lily lots though!)

I love both of those names and would never have known they were harry potter characters lol! Maybe cos it was both, but obviously it would only be one of those names and it wouldn't be associated that way iykwim? X

James is our boys name at the moment :lol:

xxxxxxx

Our LO is called Ethan James.. & I love the name Lily :) xx

Our girls name was Lily, it's beautiful, but we are having a boy so need to hope the next ones a girl! Xx

Lily is a family name on my side, TBH I was going to be Lily myself, but it went out the window when Mum and Dad disagreed.

James, on the other hand, I just like. No doubt I'll change my mind god knows how many times between now and then!

Well only really a problem if your having twins! ha like both, James the most as less well used

I have a Lily and my OH wants to call our boy (if/when we have him) James after a childhood friend so we'll have Lily and James - my OH hates Harry Potter so it tickles me but I don't think most people will connect them :lol:

I think if you named your LOL Dumbledore then it would be quite obvious but even having a Lily and a James wouldn't make most people think of Harry Potter immediately :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxx

I have chosen the name Lily for my little princess :) its a beautiful name xxx

A woman my mum knows was pregnant around the time lord of the rings was out, they called their bump Frodo and loved it so much they gave their child Frodo as a middle name!!!!!! Poor child! Xx

James and Lily are both wonderful names, both are great! And neither will be a problem with a long surname. Also nobody would put together the Harry Potter thing like as someone said they won't be in the same name so it's fine!

I'm a Harry Potter nut but I hadn;t even thoguht of that :) we are using James as a middle name :)

I would love to have a girl and boy with the name Lily and James and I would be proud if people connected the 2 but like I say I am a Potter nerd lol :)

xxx

I'm still going with Lily and James at the minute. Got no idea for middle names though. I have a middle name which is my Mum's maiden name. but I really don't want to do that to this little one. And my partner doesn't have a middle name, so we've no inspiration coming from that direction either!

I think we're good to get away with the random Harry Potter connection then, and as mentioned up there somewhere it's only an issue if we have one of each. So I think we may have a name folks! (Well...half a name!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back