Holiday pay while on Mat leave?

emma10

Reaction score
Am i correct in thinking that you are still entitled too all your Holiday pay while on Maternity leave?

Im expecting to be off from around March 09, and a full yrs entitlement is 5 weeks with my employer running from Jan-Dec, so am i correct in thinking that i can just have the 5 weeks holiday before i start my Maternity leave(the five weeks prior to my EDD), it seems alot to take in one go! like i'd be taking the Mick.. but if i take it after surely i'll lose it as my return to work after 39wks will fall into the next yr and a new year of entitlement... :think: :think:

I will accrue holidays on maternity leave, I think it is the same for everyone but best to check your companies maternity policy and/or ask your HR person or Boss just to be sure, especially about how and when you would like to take them.

i had to take my 5 weeks holiday before starting mat leave in july as my work place policy is to only take over 5 days and it would have to be used by end March. My mat leave runs July 08 to july 09. I am then entitled to 5 weeks hholiday next year assuming i am emplyued until december 09. for you it could come down to what you are allowed to carry over as while on mat leave you are still an empyee and therfore entitield to a years holiday.

Sandi

You do occur holidays like you would if you were working.

I had a similar problem in that my holiday ran from jan-dec (baby due in April, wanted to leave around March) and once i added the 39 weeks it took me into the following year therefore losing any holiday i didnt take. Also i had to earn my holiday so couldnt take all of my entitlment before ML started as i would only of worked a few months of the year so i took a few weeks before ML and have added the rest onto the end of ML.

Hope that makes sense Its all very confusing :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back