My body is playing cruel tricks on me!!

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Hey ladies

As some of you know, I've stopped stressing about TTC right now. I'm moving house next week and I'm focusing on that for now.

AF was due on 15th (9 days ago) but I always give it until about 2 days later before I class it as late. Well 9 days on, still no AF!!

15th was last Saturday, so on Wed, I took a boots test - BFN!
On Thursday, I took a tesco test - BFN!
On Friday, I took another boots test, and it was BFP - for 10 mins!! The second line disappeared, and it was a definite BFN!!! WTF?!?!?! It was 10 minutes of sheer joy lol, but was taken away. I was devastated. So I took ANOTHER tesco one, BFN.
On Sat I took another tesco test, BFN, and on Sunday I took a clearblue digi - BFN.

What the hell is going on with my body???
I've NEVER been this late before, I have no cramps, no twinges, NOTHING.
And how could my boots test have been BFP for 10mins then change??
Anyone know whats going on??

Hi hun- glad to see you back here again.

This must be so frustrating for you- the latest I have been is 5 days and that was hard enough so I feel for you.

I have no answers I am afraid, just didn't want to read and run- maybe see your GP?

xx

Thats what DH has suggested, but I dont want to waste their time with this.
DH wants me to get a blood test, but theres no point of all those tests have been BFN.

Its so frustrating!

When did you stop taking the pill?! Could it be that your body isn't settled into regular cycles yet. I came off mine in January and I still have months where I am up to two weeks later. It's torture isn't it? And a waste of money on all those bloody tests lol!!! Hoping it is a bfp for you though xxxx

you wouldnt be wasting your GPs time - that is what they are for

Tanya, I came off the pill in June and my periods went back to normal right away and have been regular since.
I keep feeling like its arrived and checking but nothing.

I spoke to the doc and she said some people can have low hcg levels and one of her patients went the whole 9 months testing negative on hpt's lol.
I have to go back to docs for blood test next week if still no AF.

Hiya, i bought two tests about 8mths ago now, & both of them come up positive, i jumped around all excited cause i been ttc for a very long time, got my hubby all excited too, then when i looked at the 1st test it was negative. I done the other one that come up bfp then again it totally vanished after a while. I was devasted, the test's i used was cheap test strips, early detection sure strips or somthing they was called.

It had no address or sod all to contact anyone, cause i was fuming! & wanted to report what had happened. I got a first responce & that was bfn so i knew these tests was totally duds. I dont know why they did that, or why yours has too, because they say you can get a false negative but not a false positive, still baffeled to this day.

If you have tested with other brands & there negative then i would go by them, yes some people do have low levels of hcg & i even read some ladies have never had a positive on a test & only found out through a hcg beta blood test from there doctor. Hope this is the same for you & you do get your bfp. Good luck hunni. xx

Last edited:
I remember reading on the peeonastick website that some brands are prone to "dissapearing" positives.....

13. The line disappeared after the time limit! Is it still positive? Please see Current Issues & Alerts for information on this ongoing problem with Answer Early and First Response Early Result tests.
A positive result will generally stay positive for 48 hours. Some very faint lines may fade and become difficult to see, however. Note: sometimes a line will appear briefly as the dye in the test passes over the area where a positive result would show. This is not a positive result.
My suggestion: as soon as urine is applied to your test, set a stopwatch for 9 minutes, 45 seconds. Place the test on a flat, dry surface and walk away. When the alarm goes off, read the test from the same distance you would read a book-- allow 15 seconds to examine the test. If there is a pink line (or blue, obviously, if your test uses blue dye), you are pregnant. If there is no line at the 10-minute mark, you are not pregnant or you are testing too early and there is not enough hCG to be detected in your pee. Note: women who have experienced the current "disappearing positive" phenomenon often had a positive result at the 10-minute mark, only to have the line disappear minutes or hours after that. The vast majority of these women have not been pregnant.
If you really get what looks like a true positive, and it disappears, I suggest calling the manufacturer and asking for their input. They may compensate you for the test as well.

Last edited:
Thank u so much for that information! Bit disheartening to know that I'm probably not pregnant but at least its better than nothing.
Going to test again 2moro, if neg, will do 1 more on Mon b4 going for a blood test.
I need to know wtf is goin on with my body.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Aww I know the feeling hun. I got 2 faint lines about a week ago.

Been bfn since but no af :(

xxx

I think hubby is right, get a blood test and don't think about wasting the GP's time. Have you seen their salary?!! You need piece of mind and if someone can test negative for the entire 9 months and my mum not know she was pregnant until she was 4 months I would say anything is possible. Good luck hon and keep us posted!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back