My IUI journey!

Chazabell

Reaction score
So after 20 unanswered calls to the ACU yesterday i finally got my appointment.......

And so my IUI journey has begun :)

I have a bag full of gadgets, and lots of needles, a sharps bin and an injector pen!

I have my own stash of Menopur injections to use for at least 10 days. We have to mix our own injections too which is a little daunting. But ive had my 1st one and it didn't hurt at all, didnt even sting! :dance:

I have 1 injection to keep in the fridge. This will tell my body to release its eggs, and ill be told when to take this one.

I also have progesterone pressaries for after insemination. These one got up the back not the front :shock: <-- not looking forward to that!!

My 1st scan is next wed at 9am to check the progress of my follicles, and from then on its gets very exciting!

As said in a previous post i am gonna take a photo of any bruise that may occur from my injections as this is my journey, and if its successfull, i wanna remember it and have everything together.

So now im off to google Menopur side effects.....to see if i need to invest in a fan for tropical moments ha ha.

xxxxxx

GL for the IUI, I'm waiting for my referral for IUI probably about May-June so will be really good to hear your experiences.

It will be 3 years TTC for us in June...... can only hope IUI is our magic wand :eek:)

Wow! All ready to go. I've hpt everything crossed for you

Good luck hun, I have just done a cycle of the injections, it's a bit daunting at first but you easily get used to it, I am really bad with needles but didn't mind these ones. The side effects I had were really sore boobs and I felt like my ovaries were swollen. What dose have they started you on? Xx

With iui do they inject the sperm straight into the womb?! As I think this might be my next step following today's hsg x

sending you massive good luck sand baby dust! xxx

Ah good luck to you hunny I hope it happens for you! :dust:

1st home injection went well, no side effects as yet, but a little pin prick mark....not sure if its photo worthy ha ha xx

Hi Ladies..I'm new to all this! What's the difference between IUI and IVF? I'm due to have IVF in sept if I'm not pregnant by then!! Good luck. I hope it's goes well xx

IUI is intrauterine insemination - you are stimulated in a lighter way to encourage you to ovulate at a set time and then sperm is prepared and introduced into your uterus, further up than it would go normally. This can help if there's ovulation problems or minor sperm issues

IVF involves stimulating your ovaries to produce lots of follicles so they can harvest lots of eggs. they are then fertilised outside of the body and returned to the body a few days later providing they have developed sufficiently.

ICSI is the same as IVF but sperm are injected directly into the eggs to fertilise them

Thanks, that makes more sense now. Need to start doing some research. Xx

Hello :wave: anyone out there?

It seems awfully quiet in here, wheres all the high spirit gone??

CD4 for me, had 3 Menopur injections so far....naff all to report lol.

Had my usual crippling stomach ache from AF but no wher near as heavy as when i was on Clomid, so im thankful for that.

Can't help but think " i could be pregnant in 4 weeks"....its sooo close, but im soooo used to BFN's its a little weird. OH is doing ALL of my injections for me, want him to feel as involved as possible, and he's good at it. We do it at 7.30. He's up, PJ's on, hands washed, face washed and ready to go......and he's not a morning person lol.

Im not gonna lie...im excited xxx

oooh really exciting! glad oh is really getting involvrd too!" fx you get your bfp, you so deserve it! I HAVE MY HOPES UP FOR THIS MONTH TOO, BUT ALSO KEEP THINKIMG OH IT PROB WONT HAPPEN..... EEK ....WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE .... opps dint mea\n to put capitals!

Lots of luck and dust xx

Hey Chaz! It is quiet in here isnt it! Exciting time for you I really hope its your time for a BFP! How many shots have you to take of menopur and what dose of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back