Need help calculating...

rachaellouise

Reaction score
Ok so now I am really confused, how would you work out when my next OV and next AF is due based on the below...

28th September- Implant taken out
8th October - EWCM but not ovulating according to the OPK
9th October- Faint 2nd line on the OPK
10th October- Faint 2nd line on the OPK
11th October- Very strong 2nd line on the OPK
12th October- Very strong 2nd line on the OPK
13th October- Back to a very faint 2nd line so stopped testing.
18th October- The witch arrived

I 'tried' to keep up to date with where I was in my cycle when on the pill since the age of 14 then when I started having the implant 3.5 years ago and on what I had a record of I would have been on day 21 when AF arrived.
I have done one of the Ovulation ticker things and it is really confusing me as I do not know how long my cycles are so can not really enter the correct information.

My last 3 cycles are as follows...

24th May 2010 lasting for around 6 days
26th June 2010 lasting for around 9 days
18th October 2010 sill on it

Last edited:
Hi Hun,

Well I'd say ignore your last cycle, as this cycle now (Cycle starts on first day of AF) is your first proper one since the implant.

So that makes the 19th Oct Calender Day 1.

I'd keep doing the OPKs then you know which CD you OV.

This should be around CD14 or 2nd Nov if your cycle is 28 days.

Your last cycle was only 20 days so you will probably have more normal one this month around 28 days but this is never set in stone so that's why you should use the OPKs then you don't miss OV if it is a different length.

Also whenever you OV whether it is earlier or later than CD14 AF will always be 14 days from OV.

Hope this makes sense! xx

Thankyou Maybebay, I am stilla little confused though as AF is meant to be 14 days after OV, I OV'd on the 12th October so AF arrived 6 days later?!

I think maybe you should just take at least this next cycle to let your body settle, I mean you only had your implant out 22 days ago! Not even a month yet. Just use the next month to relax into it & work out how your body is across it's cycle :) x

I know that this isn't really a very helpful thing to say, but i think you are underestimating the impact that long term contraceptives can have on your cycle.

You've been on them since you was 14. You body has never had a natural adult cycle.

The fact that you got your period only approx 6 days after you had your LH surge goes to show just how screwed up your cycle is.

With a 6 day luteal phase, you wouldn't conceive - it's not even a possibility.

You need to give your body time. Your focus needs to be checking that your reproductive system is functioning normally by monitoring it because it seems futile to put so much energy into ttc until it is.

You are going to burn yourself out.

Thankou for your suggestions, we were advised by the nurse who removed the implant (who knows all my history as I have been going to the Family planning clinic since I started on the pill all those years ago) and when I asked her if I need to allow myself to get back on track etc she said there is no need and to just start trying right away just baring in mind that it can take up to 1 month to become fertile again after having the implant out.
So I think we will just try continuing as we are, I will keep using the OPK and just keep going at the end of the day, it will happen when it is right and we do not want to miss out on that chance.

Last edited:
Correct you can start trying but in all reality your body has a lot of work recovering from the contraceptives, for you to even understand your cycle especially having being on the implant is to give your body at least 2 months to determind your cycle, it is too early to establish a cycle rhythm. And also she maybe should of informed you that in some cases it can take months even up to 9 etc for you to become 'fertile' after contraceptives

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back