Norethisterone ladies...Anyone?

MissJuly10

Reaction score
I'm hoping there's someone out there who's also taken Norethisterone who might be able to relate...

Day 6 of it and OMG I feel awful. :sick:

I feel bloated, I've got diarrhoea (sorry if you were eating breakfast!), cold sweats, nausea, headaches, hot flushes....I feel really, really rough! From roughly day 1-3 I just had nausea and headaches but then this lot kicked in and I've been laid up!

DH wasn't sure if it was just a bug but it came out of nowhere, plus I don't feel bunged up or anything so can only assume it's the Norethisterone.

The consultant mentioned "gastric upsets" but I could have sworn he was talking about the Clomid but DH said he was talking about the Norethisterone so maybe that's why I feel so ill.

I really hope I don't have to go through another cycle with these, I really do. :(

Anyone else on Norethisterone or had it and had the same side effects?

x

There the side effects i get before my actual af arrives. Always feels like i have a sickness bug but its not!! See how you go over the next few hours. If it gets worse contact your consultant or even your gp xxx

Oh really? 4 more days of it then hopefully AF won't be shy and I can get cracking on the Clomid.

Thanks for the link. :)

Had to take paracetamol last night before I went to bed cos I had the worst headache.

x

I really hope the clomid works for you hun did you say you were starting on 100mg? x

I was on that MissJ but symptoms were minimal :oooo:

The period at the end sucked though - after 15 days it was a nightmare but hopefully you won't have to deal with that :) xx

Don't know much about it but that sounds terrible, sorry you're feeling so crap hun xxx

Thanks girls but looks like some of the side effects may have just been a bug as DH came home early with sickness and was throwing up etc.

I have had nausea and headaches from day 1 though and still have it now, maybe that's all from the Norethisterone and the rest was a bug?

Lou - How long did you wait for AF? x

I didn't feel to bad when I had my norethisterone, but it did take 12 days for af to arrive after my last tablet. Hope you feel better soon xx

Oh dear hun - hope you both feel a lot better soon xxxx

I had a non hormonal coil fitted last year (which was a disastrous decision for me!) and my periods were horrendous. I took Norethisterone to delay AF to get me through my hen do (a spa day) and when I got married. I was ok whist taking it apart from some bloating and period type pains - without the bleeding. However, when I came off it a month later I had the worst AF of my life - bleeding was so heavy with huge clots and the pain was unbearable. I bled so heavily it caused my coil to come out!! I really hope you feel better soon. Sorry, just re-read what I've written - perhaps TMI, I hope I haven't freaked you out! I think my experience was extreme as I have known several other people who have taken this and been fine. FX you feel better soon xxx

Sorry you are unwell! Get well soon! Xxx

Thanks ladies, hope it doesn't take too long for AF to show up... I'm really hoping everything works properly with the treatment! Nothing wrong with a bit of PMA but I am fully aware Clomid may not be the answer.. But there's no reason why it won't be. :)

Thanks Katkin, lots of stories I've read say that the periods were extremely heavy and painful so I'm sort of preparing myself for it... Going to stock up on paracetamol! Thank you for sharing your experience, I appreciate it. :)

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back