Not putting on much weight?

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
Mia had her second lot of jabs last week-and as usual got weighed too, and the nurse was concerned as she had only put on a little weight since her last visit but it wasn't as much as she should have.

We think it was due to Mia being poorly a couple of weeks ago-she had green poos( which they said was gastric problems) ,conjuntivitis(sp?) a bad cold and was sick too, so she was'nt feeding properly, and maybe thats why she had'nt put on much weight??

We were given some antobotics in sachets to help get rid of all the bad bacteria in her stomach, and also vitamins drops which she has to have ten a day. We have to take her back tomorrow afternoon to see if shes put on weight.

I'm really concerned that is may be my milk-i've been very tired lately-as Mia is bad during the night and constanley wakes up every 1hr/2hr-could she be waking up hungry and maybe i'm not making enough for her or its not as good when i'm tired-i really want to continue feeding her myself, i'm just worried they may tell me to stop??

Also i'm desperate for her to sleep better at night-why does she keep waking surley she cant be hungry-does she just want comfort?? Does anyone else struggle with the nights like i do?? What do you do??

sorry for the long post-i've rambled a bit-just need some friendly advice.

Thanks Amy xx

Could she be ready for weaning?

Arianna used to sleep all night, but slowly started waking every few hours... I just started weaning her and she is sleeping all night again.

The cold prob hasn't helped either... Arianna has a bad cough just now and doesn't always want to take her feed.

Hope it help!!

S. xx

I agree maybe she is ready to wean hun. I wouldn't worry a great deal about her weight, Aaron has never weighed enough according to the lines but he is advanced in his milestones. as long as she is well in herself try not to worry yourself! :hug:

Hi Amy

If Mia isn't putting on weight I'm not sure that weaning her will help because the foods you start off with don't have very many calories or fat in them (pureed veg etc) so if she's filling up on those she will be taking less milk.

How much weight did she put on and in what time scale?

Is she happy and alert during the day?

How long does she feed for? If she only feeds for a short time but very frequently perhaps she isn't getting enough hindmilk? Could you try spacing out her feeds a little bit?

Do you have any breastfeeding support groups in Spain? La Leche League are really fantastic and have BF councellors that hold meetings in their own home, they're really friendly and have such informative advice that can really help get your head around lots to do with the breastfeeding. here's their website http://www.laleche.org.uk/pages/groups/worldwide.htm

Lucy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back