November 2020 mums

Rib pain is the worst x__x Anyone else suffering? I can’t find a comfortable position to work on my laptop :(

Rib pain is the worst x__x Anyone else suffering? I can’t find a comfortable position to work on my laptop :(

No rib pain for me. But my hips are still bothering me overnight. It's hard to go back to sleep when I wake up for a toilet trip.

When I am awake and on the move during the day I feel great though. Maybe try to take more breaks from the computer and walk around or stretch. Or stack books under the laptop and stand at the kitchen bench to work from time to time so you don't sit all day long?

No rib pain for me. But my hips are still bothering me overnight. It's hard to go back to sleep when I wake up for a toilet trip.

When I am awake and on the move during the day I feel great though. Maybe try to take more breaks from the computer and walk around or stretch. Or stack books under the laptop and stand at the kitchen bench to work from time to time so you don't sit all day long?

I feel like I tried everything yesterday :( I:

1. Sat in bed with the computer on the tray table which worked for a while but then the pain came back.

2. Tried the tray table on the dining table which lasted for about ten minutes before it hurt again.

3. Knelt on the floor and had the laptop on the tray table on the edge of the bed. This was brilliant until my knees started complaining, haha.

4. Sat at the dining table and tried to keep my back as straight as possible. That's where I am this morning but I think I'll have to move soon as it's already coming back.

The problem is there are a lot of deadlines this week so I need to be pretty much at the computer all day to get everything done. You're right though, nothing hurts when I'm upright and moving around. It's just when I'm sitting :( I don't have a computer desk or chair either because I've never really had to work from home before. I don't know how much difference a chair would make to rib pain though as it's the sitting that seems to be causing the issues :/ Augh, I don't know how I'm going to work like this for the next three months :(

I feel like I tried everything yesterday :( I:

1. Sat in bed with the computer on the tray table which worked for a while but then the pain came back.

2. Tried the tray table on the dining table which lasted for about ten minutes before it hurt again.

3. Knelt on the floor and had the laptop on the tray table on the edge of the bed. This was brilliant until my knees started complaining, haha.

4. Sat at the dining table and tried to keep my back as straight as possible. That's where I am this morning but I think I'll have to move soon as it's already coming back.

The problem is there are a lot of deadlines this week so I need to be pretty much at the computer all day to get everything done. You're right though, nothing hurts when I'm upright and moving around. It's just when I'm sitting :( I don't have a computer desk or chair either because I've never really had to work from home before. I don't know how much difference a chair would make to rib pain though as it's the sitting that seems to be causing the issues :/ Augh, I don't know how I'm going to work like this for the next three months :(
@SockVortex it might be baby's position just now. If he moves soon then the pain should lift a bit. If it's just when your sitting it could be that sitting pushes him up into your ribs a bit? Have you spoken to midwife/GP about it? Might be worth just getting a bit of a check over? It's not ideal long term but can you stand at your table? My hubby bought a laptop laptray which he stands on the table to lift his laptop up a bit, and that's massively helped with any back issues he has been having from working from home.

I had my 28 week appointment today, got stabbed in the bum with lovely anti-D, highlight of my week, hah. Got a referral to physio for my pelvic pain (although I don't expect that the advice will be any different from last time), and discovered bump is measuring 4 weeks ahead, so looks like we are probably on track for another chunk!

@SockVortex it might be baby's position just now. If he moves soon then the pain should lift a bit. If it's just when your sitting it could be that sitting pushes him up into your ribs a bit? Have you spoken to midwife/GP about it? Might be worth just getting a bit of a check over? It's not ideal long term but can you stand at your table? My hubby bought a laptop laptray which he stands on the table to lift his laptop up a bit, and that's massively helped with any back issues he has been having from working from home.

I had my 28 week appointment today, got stabbed in the bum with lovely anti-D, highlight of my week, hah. Got a referral to physio for my pelvic pain (although I don't expect that the advice will be any different from last time), and discovered bump is measuring 4 weeks ahead, so looks like we are probably on track for another chunk!

Four weeks ahead? :O Oh my goodness!

And yeah I think it's Gilly pressing up when I sit down x__x I'm going to speak to my midwife next Tuesday at the 28 week appointment (if she's not still ill!) so hopefully she'll have some recommendations :/

I've been doing the standing up thing with the laptop tray on the dining table but can only manage about fifteen minutes before I have to sit down again. I do graphic design so if the screen is too far away it's hard to see little details, haha.

Four weeks ahead? :O Oh my goodness!

And yeah I think it's Gilly pressing up when I sit down x__x I'm going to speak to my midwife next Tuesday at the 28 week appointment (if she's not still ill!) so hopefully she'll have some recommendations :/

I've been doing the standing up thing with the laptop tray on the dining table but can only manage about fifteen minutes before I have to sit down again. I do graphic design so if the screen is too far away it's hard to see little details, haha.

I've just had to get new bras again as I've grown another size. I've been literally ripping my old ones off the second I get home from work haha. If your bra is not right anymore that could contribute?

I've just had to get new bras again as I've grown another size. I've been literally ripping my old ones off the second I get home from work haha. If your bra is not right anymore that could contribute?

I did wonder that as the pain is pretty focused on where my bra wire is on the left hand side :/ I'll switch to the non wired one for the rest of the day and see if that makes a difference :)

I'm hoping I don't grow another cup size! I already feel massive as a DD.

I did wonder that as the pain is pretty focused on where my bra wire is on the left hand side :/ I'll switch to the non wired one for the rest of the day and see if that makes a difference :)

I've never had boobs before. And they are so heavy now too. It's been an adjustment :D

I've been living in nursing sleep bras - so comfy, no wires and can cope with my boobs changing size all the time! Highly recommend for comfort!!

Try your pregnancy ball. Helped me massively on the laptop.

Try your pregnancy ball. Helped me massively on the laptop.

Yes, this is something else I need to buy! :) Haha, why is pregnancy so expensive??

Turns out it was the bra! Or at least the bra was contributing to the problem as I've had zero issues this afternoon which is a big change from crying yesterday and this morning. I've ordered a wire free nursing style one so hopefully that should keep me going for the time being :)

Cheers for all of your help ladies!

Yes, this is something else I need to buy! :) Haha, why is pregnancy so expensive??

Turns out it was the bra! Or at least the bra was contributing to the problem as I've had zero issues this afternoon which is a big change from crying yesterday and this morning. I've ordered a wire free nursing style one so hopefully that should keep me going for the time being :)

Cheers for all of your help ladies!
Glad that helped Sock, rib pain is awful. Yeah you need to invest in a ball ASAP - especially if you work on a computer. I try to sit on mine a few times a day at least to keep my posture right and encourage baby into the optimal position! And it will be useful in labour too

Is anyone still choosing their babies name? I love our choice, but I kind of miss the fun of picking!

Haha I know what you mean! I'm always looking at other options even though Gilly's name is firmly cemented.

My new buggy arrived today :D and it came with a carseat so we are all sorted for baby related transport!

20200829_210925 (wecompress.com).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back