NT results

Laura_C

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm worrying so much about my NT results and wondering if I may be in the clear from receiving a phone call saying I'm high risk. I had the scan and blood test on 21st April and although the scan was good and NT measured only 1.4mm I still worrying about it!!

Wished I'd never had the bloody test!!

There has been two lots of bank holidays in between (4 BH's) do you think I should of heard after 7 working days today?

Hi girls,

I'm worrying so much about my NT results and wondering if I may be in the clear from receiving a phone call saying I'm high risk. I had the scan and blood test on 21st April and although the scan was good and NT measured only 1.4mm I still worrying about it!!

Wished I'd never had the bloody test!!

There has been two lots of bank holidays in between (4 BH's) do you think I should of heard after 7 working days today?

Hi Laura please phone the Hospital and ask for the results as you are worried. They should have them by now and its a shame they are not as quick as we would like.
I had the hospital phone me 1 week after giving my bloods to say everyone apart from my downes bloods had been labelled incorrectly so had to have them re done !!!!but on the phone they actually told me my results were 1 in 100,000 which is really low. so they can be processed quickly, the thing is usually your MW wont get results until like the day she next see's you, as thats what she is doing with the rest of mine.

No harm calling they will tell you or advise when to expect, I was originally told 2-3 weeks but that was way overestimated xxx

I had my scan on the 19th April and got my results back on the 28th April. I would call the hospital hunny and find out where they are.
Surely if you was high risk they would of contacted you by now to let you know as further tests have to be carried out between certain times if you decide to have them so no news i would class as good news but contact them just to put your mind at rest x x

If its just the blood test results you are waiting for, please try not to worry. To cut a long story short, I've not actually offically had the NT as it's private over here and costs £150-300!! But my gyn is the only one who is qualified to do it here and due to my late mc before I had Lennon he unofficially checked me, bless him!! Anyway, he told me that my scna looked good and I looked low risk. He asked if I was due to have the blood screening and when I said yes I was, he said EVEN if the bloods come back at high risk, the NT is much much more acurate and the bloods tent to over exagerate the results anyway. So, if you've had the results back from your NT and you're low risk then personally I would take that as gospel and not worry about the bloods.

Hope that helps xxx

Last edited:
Please try not to worry so much. With all of the bank holidays we've had recently they're probably dealing with a backlog of tests. You can call them up and see if they have a better idea of when you should get your result. 1.4 is almost the same as mine (1.3) and my test came back as 1:10,000 so I really wouldn't stress yourself out about it!

I suppose it's a case of easier said then done really. Losing my boy last year has just really knocked me and the thought that this is my last shot at a healthy pregnancy scares me, I just don't know how I would cope of I lost another child. I'm usually so positive but the last couple of days have been really hard :'(

I got mine back yesterday and had them done on 18th April so it can take a few weeks, try not to worry though x

I guess then I probably would have heard something by now if I was high risk - as she said they would call me if I was. She gave a time frame of 2-3 weeks but wasn't sure if that was for letter to come out. They have to send it off to Bolton to get the risk level so I assume I would of been called by then straight away if it was a high risk result. Just need to try and relax!

I guess then I probably would have heard something by now if I was high risk - as she said they would call me if I was. She gave a time frame of 2-3 weeks but wasn't sure if that was for letter to come out. They have to send it off to Bolton to get the risk level so I assume I would of been called by then straight away if it was a high risk result. Just need to try and relax!

they usually contact you quick if there could be something wrong x

It can be so worrying can't it!! At my scan they said it was 1.5mm (midwife told me 3.5mm and below is what they look for) and I got a letter in couple of weeks later saying I had 1 in 29,000 risk. I would give them a call to help put your mind at rest, no news is good news hun x

I've just caved in and called antenatal clinic - they have said it looks as though things have been delayed due to BH's so someone is going to call back with results this afternoon. Scared much! Although if it was high and they have results back they would have called me by now, so all seems like it should be fine :)

Just got the call - downs syndrome risk assessed as 1:63,000!!! That will do nicely! :)

Glad you got your results hunny :) you can look forward to your scan on Saturday now, do you have any guess on whether you pink or blue? X x

Thanks honey, hopefully I can relax a little until Saturday now :)

I did think a hint of pink to begin with but now I'm not too sure :/ all my three pregnancies have been different but def edging more towards a little lady I think! I really don't mind what I have just want a healthy baby in October, it would be nice to have a boy because although we had a son for a couple days we haven't properly experienced it but also Grace would love a sister and Grace is fab so another little girl would be lovely - so either way I'm gonna be a very happy lady!

What about you sweetie? :)

I feel exactly the same as you, aslong as I have a healthy little one im happy with either pink or blue.
At first i was thinking a little girl but now im edging towards another little boy.
Not long until we find out now :) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back