October Mummies

:)) I can't wait to be in the 'avocado stage' - only 1 day to go!

Some avocadoes are rather small, but I guess the ticker means the biggest type of avocadoes :) I hope so anyway.

I'm going to look for a big advocado today, think I only had a little one on Friday!

Ive got a strange request avacardo ladies :D once you buy your avacardo could you post a pic on here, i cant make it to the shop as I have aquanatal after work but im intregued on how big they actually are x x

tee hee this has made me smile thinking bout all you ladies and your avocadoes - see who can find the biggest lol :) I'm an onion this week but that seems a bit weird - I thought onions were smaller than avocadoes and oranges - unless it's some weird mutant onion that's been fed steroids lol x x

Must be a spanish onion - they are pretty large!!

I was only looking at the fruit thing the other day thinking some of them must be the wrong way around! x x

ooh er missus! Give me a Spanish one anyday.... :rofl:x x

hm... yes, I would say onions are def smaller than oranges or avocadoes... Strange!

looks like hubby will do shopping today. Will need to have a look next time! Maybe someone else can compare avocade/orange/onion sizes while shopping? :)

OK... Happen to have a fairly large onion in the kitchen so took a photo of it for you 17 weeks girls...

Once I have the avocado will take a photo of them together. :)

16052011104.jpg

just did some googling - one link mentions that some avocado fruits are about 7-15 cm (2 3/4 to 6 in) long. 15 cm sounds pretty big to me. I'm sure I've never seen a 15 cm onion!!

as to navel oranges, the measurements that I found are 5.5-9.5 cm. So I guess they are indeed smaller than avocadoes.

just did some googling - one link mentions that some avocado fruits are about 7-15 cm (2 3/4 to 6 in) long. 15 cm sounds pretty big to me. I'm sure I've never seen a 15 cm onion!!

as to navel oranges, the measurements that I found are 5.5-9.5 cm. So I guess they are indeed smaller than avocadoes.

A 15cm onion?????!!! Surely not. I have never seen a 15cm onion, even if they are spanish!!

It was about 10cm diameter..... but looked like a really large one....

according to my maternity record (the yellow notebook, p 15), size of the baby 1t 14w+0d is 8 cm (shame that the chart ends at week 14!). I would think the baby would grow quite a bit by week 17... I think onion is def out of place.

Just looked on my phone app (I have a pregnancy one on there) and today it is telling me the baby is around 5.1 inches and the size of an onion too!! LOL. Who the hell has seen a 5.1 inch bloody onion???!!

My Mothercare email today said the baby is 17cm at 16 weeks. I agree I have never seen an onion that big... but if you think the baby is a bit curled up then it could be an onion.... :)

I think we should make a pf fruit/veg size guide, one that is the right size to baby. Each of us should take a week of pregnancy and go and find a fruit or veg approx the right size x x

:rofl: Sounds like a good plan...

I must say even if this onion is suppose to be small for what it thinks 17 weeks should be... I was thinking that this onion would be very hard to give birth too and I am not even half way in my baby growth....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back