October Mummies

I think we should make a pf fruit/veg size guide, one that is the right size to baby. Each of us should take a week of pregnancy and go and find a fruit or veg approx the right size x x

great idea :lol:

Anyone know any good websites were we can get acurate sizings of baby at each week so we can start looking at doing out own? x x

:rofl: Sounds like a good plan...

I must say even if this onion is suppose to be small for what it thinks 17 weeks should be... I was thinking that this onion would be very hard to give birth too and I am not even half way in my baby growth....

pmsl!! I had OH's protein shaker the other day and it's quite a size in diameter and as I was sitting in the car with him I turned to him and said.... 'the baby's head is gonna be double that size, how the hell am I gonna push that out?' It was a very random comment admist us sitting in traffic listening to the radio..... :shock: ouch! xx

I'd go off the ticker sizes but we'll just fruit/veg that is more realistic? xx

I'm sitting here feeling very sorry for my poor little onion baby lol! He/she would certainly have to be curled up very tight!! Ans who the heck would want to be likened to an onion anyway large or small??! This whole fruit/veg chart thing is a farce - I agree with M2A - lets choose our own veg! :lol: x x

Lol, onions are def not that big! I agree we should do a new ticker! I changed mine cos they seemed wrong, the week with the plum was out of place too! Its a U.S. ticker so maybe they have weird fruit and veg over there!

Last edited:
I'm sitting here feeling very sorry for my poor little onion baby lol! He/she would certainly have to be curled up very tight!! Ans who the heck would want to be likened to an onion anyway large or small??! This whole fruit/veg chart thing is a farce - I agree with M2A - lets choose our own veg! :lol: x x

lol I'm sure your lil one does not mind it one bit! :)

Hi gang! I haven't been on here for a few days as have been away at a friends hen do but have been having a giggle at the onion thing!
Hen do was good and I was proud to be up until midnight 2 nights running, but omg am I tired now!!!!
Exciting thing is that I've started feeling baby move, flutters, not kicks but have decided it's definitely bubs! ....Got my midwife appointment next week when hopefully hear the heartbeat, then a few more weeks til scan.
I haven't bought anything yet.....do you think it's leaving it too late if I don't buy anything until after the 20 week scan?? Could do with your opinions xxxx

Its not to late to wait till your 20week scan hunny, you will be just fine :)
Well done on staying up till 12 two nights running, i couldnt do it x x

um2be410, I don't think you're leaving it too late :) I haven't bought anything for the little one yet, and not going to until I had my 20 weeks scan. I just don't want to rush things - there will be plenty of time for getting everything. If I will do all the shopping now, I will be too bored for the rest of the pregnancy :)

I got the biggest orange, advocado and onion I could find in Tesco tonight! Avocado is longer than orange but not bigger, onion is much heavier so that could be part of the whole size thing!! Whats after the onion anyway?

Attachments

• IMG_2227-Optimized.jpg
    IMG_2227-Optimized.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 0
I got the biggest orange, advocado and onion I could find in Tesco tonight! Avocado is longer than orange but not bigger, onion is much heavier so that could be part of the whole size thing!! Whats after the onion anyway?

wow well done :)

actually onion looks kinda bigger?... I was thinking maybe they count the little branchy bit on the end of it as well?

sweet potato is after onion, pickle is apparently somewhere between the size of a mango and a cantaloupe

the sizing thing just doesn't make sense!

PMSL ... this thread is funny as anything. Can you imagine if anyone flicked to these last few posts without reading the rest... they'd be thinking 'wtf...they've lost their marbles'!! haha xxx

I know what you mean PP :D
Next time im in asda im going to be stood there trying to find the biggest avacado and onion i can find! x x

It is funny! My daughter thought it was funny (and cute) seeing the fruit lined up! Be funny to get them all and line them up! I live on fruit and veg so maybe I should...... Although don't like aubergines very much think they appear later on!

:rofl::rofl: Got upset iwth my OH last night as I said he was cutting up baby... Was cutting the onion for his Spag bog. :) He may think I have lost the plot...

Although he did then see the avocado I bought and put it at his tummy like he was pregnant.... Agree that we should try putting all the fruit and veg together and see how right it is. :)

Mum2Be - Amazing that you stayed up two nights really late. I did a 2am on Saturday for a wedding and spent the WHOLE of the next day on the sofa except when I went to bed for a three hour nap. :) Well done...

Think I might try and just do the tri 2 fruit and veg! My daughter was also putting the avocado under her top like your OH!

Hi ladies :wave:
Hope we are all well. I notice that the august mummies thread cant be transferred from tri-2 to tri-3 so i have started a new October mummies thread in pregnancy chat that can come with us through the whole journey to the birth of our bundles of joy. I thought it would be nice to have just one thread where we can discuss things, share team news and decide on text buddies when we get closure to our due dates rather than having to start a new thread when we reach tri-3, hope you dont mind ladies, we can still talk about fruit and veg lol :) x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back