OPK as HPT? How dark should it be in that case??

Thank you tinselcat!

btw... I just threw up a little in my mouth.. :S

Good luck :clover: if you are desperate to wee prior to going to the store then just save some of it in a pot to test with :) x

Negative :( Not even a slight hint of a line. The tests sensitivity is 25ml/u. (here it seems like you can only get them in pharmacies, and I actually had to ask for them, they keep them behind the register out of sight... strange.)
Still 2 days until AF is due though. So there's still hope... OPK was lighter today as well, but it was lighter in the morning yesterday too, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything I guess..

But now we don't get to tell my in laws in person, if I`m pregnant at all that is..! I was looking forwards to that!!

Last edited:
Thank you amyrose and zaymisa!!

I've read online and it seems like it's not unusual for people to get positive OPK's and then get their period. Some get positive OPK's earlier than HPT's, and others on the same day or even after, so I'll just have to wait. Won't buy any more tests here as I have a bunch at home, so will be testing again on Wednesday. fx. but I'm kind of thinking I'm not now..

Last edited:
Yes sorry, but still not due yet could just be a bit early xx

Thanks Polly P!

I'm still nauseous! And I took a new OPK in the afternoon, and the test line came up darker than the control line in less than 5 min! even now a few hours later it's still darker. Did an OPK this morning aswell, and that one was only a medium strong line (a strong faint I would say :p NOT positive), so I guess it could be the concentration of hcg just wasn't high enough in the urine I tested with! This is now the third day in a row that I get a strong second line on an OPK, and it's getting darker every day, so I'm not giving up hope!

Also, all the other times I've felt like I've had a lot of symptoms I've been sick in some way or another from other things, now I'm perfectly fine, except from the nauseousness (ah yeah, I still have trouble sleeping at night, as I asked about in another thread! So that hasn't gone away).

But I still won't test until we get back home, my father in law has left now to work (he works quite far away and only comes home in the weekends usually) so then there's no need in stressing with testing tomorrow when we're travelling etc.

I WILL do another OPK though :p Still have a couple left!

Thank you all for caring! It's sooo helpful to have somewhere to write about all of this!!

Did another OPK today, and fainter than yesterday.. still nauseous though, so we'll see what happens..

Thanks Cosmic!!

I looked at the test again and it's darker now (I didn't wait the full 10 min before worrying about it not being dark, and they say not to read results after 20 or 30 min or something) so phew, still a positive OPK. It has the edge part that is darker than test line. Still fainter than yesterday, but still positive. Yay!
:)

Hi ButterflyBoo! Just did a one step hpt now, no second line as far as I can see... a lot less cm and kind of feels like af is coming.. I don't get how I could have 4 positive OPK's in a row though, and can't help but wonder why I've been nauseous...

Maybe I didn't ovulate when I should have and that this is a really late ovulation...? In that case I'm pretty much out as we haven't been dtd for a while...

not out til the witch arrives though! And if she does at least it'll be easier this cycle as we'll be home in our own apartment and can do what we want when we want to! :p

Any changes in your situation?

If I were you Hun I'd jump on Hubby asap and if it is late Ov you could still be a lucky girl this month xxx

I'm afraid that would be too late, egg is only "implantable" for 6-12 hours isn't it? Now I have a neg OPK as well... so it seems like I missed my window. Sucks! Very little cm now as well.
We did bed one day before I started getting the positive OPK's though, but I had those for 4 days! So if that was indeed ovulation I have no idea what day I actually ovulated. Lets just hope hubby has some healthy stubborn sperm in that case :p

Also wondering what was making me nauseous! If the nausea was caused by me being pregnant it should have detectable hcg.. so then it's something else.. so confusing!! :S

I think I'll try not to test again until I get my period, or like 10 days from now.

:-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back