OPK help! Can I start them?

laurat

Reaction score
Hey all I need some help. I am having a bit of a nightmare at the moment post m/c trying to track my ovulation. I have thought that I started my af on the 4th March so had completely reset my cbfm and started back at cycle 1. I was on cd16 and in high as expected. Then I got bleeding. Turned out as just a day max and now think its a mid cycle bleed. But I panicked and reset the monitor again!!

Didnt know what to do so Ive made the decision to scrap the monitor till next month. Anyway dont want to miss ovulation so as Ive heard and seen a lot about opk's on here I want to know can I start them on cd 18? Pre mc I ov on cd20 ish. Also how do they work, how many do you use and where do I get them ? Im a complete novice just know about the monitor!

hello....i buy cheap ones off amazon and then once i start to see 2nd line getting a bit darker, i use clearblue digitial ones to pinpoint the most fertile days. the clearblue ones gives youa smiley face when your surge is at the highest...ie. the day before the little egg is released.

the clearblue ones are quite expensive, which is why i use the cheap ones are fine to help you give an idea of when your surge starts.

i had no lines at all, the started to get faint lines friday night and yesterday then a much darker line today and a smiley face on the clearblues = a positive result :)

only thing is if you order the cheapies this month you may miss it....may be worth buying some this month, you can get them in boots and tescos etc and then ordering soem cheapie ones for 'if' you need them next month...hopefully you wont

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Highly-Sens...P62S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300617944&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clearblue-D...1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1300617972&sr=1-1

xx

Thanks Samsgirl I am heading out today so I will go get some. It will just need to be for this month till my af arrives and I can go back with my monitor.

Just a few more questions if you dont mind as I really am a novice! Do u use every day? Do u pee on it and does it have to be first thing in my morning like my monitor? Do u have to do them at the same time? When u get the smiley face u bd?

Such a numpty, sorry!

he he dont worry...you're not a numpty..

a positive result come about 24-36 hours before your egg is released. so when you get your postive result you are at your most fertile time. you should bd that day and the day after to maximise your chances of catching the egg...

i do one every day from about cd9 and usually do them around 6pm each day

xx

Fab thanks! Im away to buy them! Might just go with the cb as up till now they have done me well as I used the cbfm, and a cb hpt when I got my bfp! See them as my sign! That and its just for one month and I just got paid!

Heres to a smiley face and to hope I havent missed it!

Thats me back from getting them. Gosh they are dear arent they ! Didnt expect that price. Got 20 sticks to hopefully tide me over till I can use the monitor again.

Although I have some blood again when I wipe so really dont know whats going again! Is it an af? Is it not? I am beginning to get really frustrated! Should I bother using these OPK's if I have blood?

Thats me back from getting them. Gosh they are dear arent they ! Didnt expect that price. Got 20 sticks to hopefully tide me over till I can use the monitor again.

Although I have some blood again when I wipe so really dont know whats going again! Is it an af? Is it not? I am beginning to get really frustrated! Should I bother using these OPK's if I have blood?

Where did you get them?

Stock up on the t'Internet cheapies they're cheap as chips on the likes of Amazon or Ebay.

Got them in Boots as I didnt have time to wait for online. Back to my cbfm next month so just a months supply was what I needed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back