Ovulation pains

liviray

Reaction score
Hi,
Just thought I'd check with anyone else if they experience ovulation pains? Sounds daft, but I've been off the pill for 9 months now, on clomid for 3. Could the clomid be giving me the pains, or can ovulation be this painful. I probably have endometreosis, (which gives me random mild pain, but today am sooooooo ovulating (did the test to confirm). Also have lower back pain and headaches for last 4 days???
Bit puzzled!
Any thoughts?

:?

I am also an endometriosis sufferer, and I have experienced ovulation pains.

I know of 2 other girls who have pain at ovulation and they are both endo sufferers too, so I'm pretty certain that is the cause.

How did you conceive having endo?
Did you and your friend hjave the horrid back pain. The past 2 months have been fine????!

I can always feel when I am ovulating. I get a dull twinge like pain in my lower abdomen. I had it this time and then took a OPK test a day later and it was positive....strange!! I am not an endo sufferer (well not that I know anyway!)

Hope this helps!

I always got ov pain. It was maddening because when it was sore and you felt like doing it least you should have been doing it the most.

Im an endo sufferer and I can only assume that it was a fluke. Both times.

This gives me some hope. I have been able to feel myself ovulate since coming off the pill, but never as bad as this. full-on back ache, with bloody painful ovaries!!! Was sent home from work early cause of it. really scatty aswell, keep dropping things, and had huge headache????
:(

Hi Liviray

Sorry to hear you feeling bad with the pains, maybe new pains are good you never know it could be the start of getting the little spermies through that crap you have and penetrating those ovaries sending lots of babydust to you, of course it could be all that BDing you do maybe your bits are protesting and want a rest!!

Ha Ha!!!
:D

have lessened the BDing to every other day now!!!! Don't have time!
Still in pain this morning! Got doctors appointment for wednesday so fingers crossed!
has AF made an appearance yet?

I get ov pains now, never used to, but as far as I know I don't suffer with endo.

Horrid arn't they?!! The lower back pain is the worst this morning!
Not sure it's connected to the endo? :(

Sometimes I get ovvy pains but not always..tends to vary each month. Im not an Endo sufferer xx

liviray said:
How did you conceive having endo?
Did you and your friend hjave the horrid back pain. The past 2 months have been fine????!

I conceived after having a hysterosalpingogram. My 2 sisters and my friend who all suffer from endo conceived after having the endo burned off with lasers.

I did get back pain, I'm not sure about my friend.

Was this done under an anaesthetic? Or local? Long recovery time? Shall I mention this to my GP and push for it to be done?

The hysterosalpingogram was done without any anaesthetic, it's not really necessary. I won't lie, it's not particularly pleasant, but it may be worth doing. It won't clear up any endo, but it may clear any blockages in your tubes. If it doesn't clear them, it will at least identify if and where there are any blockages, so they can be dealt with another way). It's not a major procedure - I drove myself home from the hospital afterwards. I did get a little pain later that day and for one or two days afterwards, but nothing too severe.

My consultant decided to give me the hysterosalpingogram whilst I was waiting for laser treatment, as it in itself is used as a form of fertility treatment, apparently. Luckily for me, the hystero cleared my blockage and I fell pregnant before needing the laser treatment.

Hope that helps! I can't really say if it would work for you or not, but I'm glad I had it done, and I think it might be worth speaking to your GP about.

Let us know what you decide, and if you have any luck! :)

Thanks for the advice! I'll let you know after wednesday what happens!
Cheers! :)

i got Ov pains... i'd get them in one side.. similar to a mild period pain...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back